Fiber Splicing Managers
TelForce Group is looking for Fiber Splicing Managers Nationwide. These are Direct Hire positions.
Cable/Splicing Manager is responsible for coordinating and managing all required underground cable placing and splicing of all aerial and underground facilities. The Cable/Splicing Manager shall follow through with responsibilities to supervise, inspect, and monitor all work in conformance with company, local, and federal standards and specifications.
Fiber Splicing Manager Description:
- Prepare and manage schedule for cable placing, splicing, terminating and testing of all OSP fiber plant.
- Recruit, evaluate, pre-qualify and select contract splicers to augment any available company resources to meet project requirements.
- Review test results and provide recommendations to release newly constructed OSP plant for service.
- Accurately interpret splice documents, assign to contractors or in-house personnel and schedule all activities to meet company objectives for new customer service.
- Coordinate with project and construction managers to deploy resources into completed network service areas and complete splicing work within market schedules.
- Coordinate with company splicing resources and contract splicers, if necessary, to assure adequate resources are available to pull, splice, terminate and test installed plant within the project schedule deadlines.
- Oversee field construction activities, including quality assurance.
- Ensure on-site jobsite safety.
- Interact with CADD Operators – verify completion of accurate engineering drawings and as-built drawings.
- Maintain day-to-day communication with the Construction and/or Engineering Managers.
- Produce quality results in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Represent our client professionally to satisfy immediate customer needs and to foster return business.
- Respond clearly and effectively to spoken requests over the phone or in person, and to verbal or written instructions.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public.
- Maintain regular, consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, and personal appearance according to company policies.
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role.
- Adhere to company policies, regulations, procedures, and principles.
Fiber Splicing Manager Qualifications:
- Supervision of construction and/or splicing crews, familiarity with instruments used to splice, test and/or run trouble on outside plant fiber cabling, and knowledge of management reporting fundamentals mandatory
- Familiarity with OSP design, fiber configuration and assignments and ability to read and interpret splicing documents and OSP construction drawings a must.
- 5+ years of experience in the fiber / telecommunications / telecom construction industry
- Bachelor of Science degree in construction management, civil or electrical engineering is beneficial
- BICSI Certification preferred