Fiber Technician 1
TelForce Group is looking for a Fiber Technician 1 in Richmond, VA.
We are currently seeking a Fiber Technician 1- OSP to join our Fiber Construction & Engineering Splicing Team. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is looking to work with an exciting company.
Fiber Technician 1- OSP critical responsibilities:
- Reports to the Fiber Team Leader - OSP, ensuring the customer experience meets or exceeds Company standards throughout the customer lifecycle
- Installs/repairs fiber fed internet and voice services at residential customer homes
- Install and maintain wiring in the Head-End, Central Office, cross connections in the loop environment, and at the customer premises
- Tests functionality and isolates problems using various test equipment and troubleshooting skills in accordance with company provided training
- Explains products and services to customers, works to resolve customer understanding of products and services, and maintains a working knowledge of the latest technologies and Company offerings
- Uses customer contact opportunities to up-sell products and services tailored to the customers’ needs.
- Uses various hand tools and power equipment to install and make repairs to fiber outside plant systems, premise wiring, and premise equipment
- Interfaces with customers in the resolution of customer installation and repair issues
- Interfaces with call center technicians and leadership to resolve customer installation and repair problems
- Physical ability to work aloft while climbing poles, extension ladders, and step ladders after company provided training, with proper equipment (safety belt, safety strap, hard hat, and other equipment as needed). Able to lift and carry loads up to 75lbs including ladder
- Physical ability to work in all-weather environments along with working in attics, crawlspaces, and other cramped areas while working from a kneeling or standing position for extended periods
- Responsible for the installation and repair of inside wiring and jacks, including CAT5 and pre-connectorized fiber jumpers
- Responsible for installation and repair of wired and wireless networking using pre-connectorized ethernet jumpers
- Responsible for material management. Including but not limited to, unloading and loading of trucks, receipt and inventory of material into Company systems
- May be required to cross-train peers
- Drives company vehicles and be willing to be trained/certified in the safe operation of lift truck/forklift
Qualifications of a strong candidate:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver's license/satisfactory driving record
- Must be able to adhere to weight requirements for safe operation of required equipment
- Must be able to pass agility test prior to hire
- Ability to perceive differences in fiber or wire colors for identification and assignment
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening and background check
- FTTx construction, installation, and repair methods
- Good understanding of telecom network topology and customer connectivity beneficial but not required
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to work with basic hand tools
- Hands-on experience on telecom networks including OSP and ISP elements beneficial but not required
- Able to effectively handle multiple priorities with a strong attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in indoor/outdoor environments in any weather conditions
- May be required to work on a rotating on-call schedule for emergencies
- Position may require local travel in the Virginia market to assist other areas
- Familiarity with OSHA and other safety regulations beneficial but not required
- Proficiency with MS Office programs, and other technologies as it relates to the position
Characteristics of a great team member:
- A consummate team collaborator! You ensure alignment to core values, vision, and mission throughout the organization.
- Intense and natural mission alignment with the company.
- Love working in a fast paced, entrepreneurial culture. Thus, you thrive in building things successfully from scratch.
- A systems thinker who gets a charge out of progress and continuous improvement as much as big milestones
May be required to work 8-hour or 10-hour shifts - including non-traditional tours. May be required to work; day, evening, night, or weekend tours, overtime, emergency callouts, weekends, and holidays required
All new employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
Fiber Technician 1- OSP will receive a competitive salary based on qualifications.
The company offers industry-leading medical, dental and vision coverage, paid-time-off and 401(k) with Company match, among other benefits.
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured and the ability to travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications and driver licenses to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format is required to be considered with 2 references name, telephone and email. All candidates will receive a call back based on your skills set that matches the job opening. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our data base for consumption. Call 615.915.3119.