Field Office Coordinator
TelForce Group is looking for a Field Office Coordinator in the Allentown, PA area. This is a contract-to-hire position.
Responsible for coordinating a wide variety of administrative duties and tasks to ensure smooth project site office operations for typically either a smaller direct hire project or larger construction management project. Acts as main administrative liaison between site office and home office administrator. Performs and/or oversees activities relating to accounting, timesheets, human resources, equipment and supplies. Addresses craft payroll issues for projects. Has daily contact with various clients, subcontractors and company employees. May plan, organize, direct and negotiate project office activities if required.
Field Office Coordinator Description:
- Supervises administrative support functions and staff as needed, including receptionist and document control clerk, and possibly secretaries and file clerks
- Supervisory duties include coordination of day-to-day activities, addressing performance issues, and recommending pay actions
- Supervises document control activities, including drawing control, project file management and use of electronic file storage system for project filing
- Advises management regarding various HR policies and procedures, as well as applicable federal and state regulations
- Provides guidance regarding the disciplinary process. Participates in new hire safety orientation by explaining EEO, Worker's Comp, and site-specific rules and regulations
- Collects or coordinates timesheet collection and entry for company professionals and/or craft personnel.
- Supervises all field accounts payable (AP) duties including the entry of purchase orders, matching of invoices with materials receiving reports, and submittal of documentation to home office AP for payment
- Maintains office equipment
- Serves as project site's IT liaison for office equipment and connecting lines, which includes troubleshooting and working with home office IT staff on more complex issues
- Assists Project Field Management with administering and communicating policies and procedures
- Assists in project site mobilization and demobilization activities involving project team and equipment
- Coordinates set up of office and equipment by working with IT Coordinator and equipment vendors
- Enters cost code information for Procurement cards, approves purchases when necessary, and submits corresponding documentation to home office procurement
- May be responsible for providing administrative support for startup operations, engineering, project controls and/or procurement activities
- May purchase office equipment and supplies
- Coordinates craft recruitment, hiring, employee orientation, interpretation of procedures and policies, and terminations
- Processes new hire craft paperwork and enters data into the human resource information system
- Processes craft personnel transactions (manually and electronic), including transfers, promotions, pay rate changes, leaves of absence, field allowances, terminations, personal changes, and status changes.
- Coordinates weekly craft payroll with home office payroll staff
- May track man hours and assign corresponding cost codes to craft timesheets
- May be responsible for administering substance abuse testing
- May participate in unemployment hearings for craft, conduct research, and collect related documentation
- Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements
- May supervise work of others
- Responsible for hiring, discipline, and pay administration of their subordinates
- List supervised positions: Payroll, Document Control, Receptionist and other Administrative staff
Field Office Coordinator Qualifications:
- 3+ years relevant experience required; Some related open shop and/or union experience required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Construction experience preferred, good communication.
- Human Resources and PeopleSoft experience preferred
- Some supervisory experience preferred
- Must be able to work flexible work hours- shift typically goes from 4pm-2am
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Lita at 615.348.5261.