Field Technician / Tower Climber
These are direct hire positions
Work is in VA
$16-$18 per hour
Field technicians are the “boots on the ground” who install and maintain broadband Internet access for the company’s expanding customer base. The company will provide tools and training necessary for every field technician to accomplish their duties. You will work among a team of technicians reporting to the Operations Manager.
Field Technician / Tower Climber critical responsibilities:
- Preparing for installations by reviewing installation orders, gathering equipment, supplies and tools and coordinating schedules with customers
- Planning installations by evaluating location, locating access and laying-out equipment and wiring plan
- Establishing broadband Internet systems by installing equipment, running, and pulling cable, programming and calibrating equipment while adhering to codes, regulations, and standards
- Verifying broadband Internet systems for correct functionality and optimal performance by testing equipment and connections and identifying and correcting any issues with remote support from network administrator
- Maintaining accurate records through documenting installations, services, and repairs
- Maintaining and improving service and rapport with customers through listening to their descriptions of problems, answering questions and resolving issues through diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing, replacing and/or upgrading components
- Following an initial training period and after completing the proper tower climbing certification course, you will participate in tower climbing activities on the ground level and at elevation
- Following an initial training period, you will participate in the company’s on-call rotation. This may require after-hours work and will be compensated in accordance with the company’s on-call compensation process
- Referring to schematics, manuals and manufacturer’s instructions as needed
- Maintaining a safe work environment by following safe practices and adhering to safety policies
- Ensuring adequate supply levels by inventorying stock, placing, and verifying orders
- Updating and improving job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications
- Enhancing the organization’s reputation through personal accountability for accomplishing new and different requests and always striving to add value
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications of a strong candidate:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must possess a valid driver’s license in the primary state of residence and be able to drive to and from multiple job sites per workday
- Must be able to speak clearly, concisely, and to communicate effectively in a courteous and professional manner
- Solid written communication skills required
- Must be able to work full time, and “on-call” as needed, which may include nights, weekends, and holidays, as required
- Must be able to expect and embrace change
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and inventory software systems preferred
- Six months experience in telecommunications, electrical, construction, or related field preferred
- Working knowledge of handheld electronics, including smart phones, tablets, etc. preferred
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds and climb ladders up to 40 feet in length
- Must be able to work in tight spaces, including attics and crawl spaces
- Must be able to work outside in extreme weather conditions, including precipitation and temperature variations
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- An essential duty of the position of Technician is to install satellite dishes with the use of a ladder on customers ‘homes. The ladders used by the company hold a maximum total weight (including tool belt and equipment) of 325 lbs. To allow for the weight of equipment an individual’s weight cannot exceed 275 lbs.
- Must meet company hiring criteria for pre-employment screening, including criminal background check, fitness for duty, and MVR check
Characteristics of a great TelForce Group team member:
- A consummate team collaborator! You ensure alignment to core values, vision, and mission throughout the organization.
- Intense and natural mission alignment.
- Love working in a fast paced, entrepreneurial culture. Thus, you thrive in building things successfully from scratch.
- A systems thinker who gets a charge out of progress and continuous improvement as much as big milestones
**May be required to work 8-hour or 10-hour shifts – including non-traditional tours. May be required to work; day, evening, night, or weekend tours, overtime, emergency callouts, weekends, and holidays required**
The Field Technician will report to Operations Manager and will be based out of the company’s office in Simpsonville, KY. All new employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
The Field Technician will receive a competitive salary based on qualifications. We offer industry-leading medical, dental and vision coverage, paid-time-off and 401(k) with Company match, among other benefits.
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured and the ability to travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications and driver licenses to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format is required to be considered with 2 references name, telephone and email. All candidates will receive a call back based on your skills set that matches the job opening. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our data base for consumption. Call 615.915.3119.