OSP Fiber Triple Play Technicians
Position Summary – Telforce Group is looking for technicians to join us to help build our brand new 100% fiber optic network! We are focused on providing exceptional speeds and customer service to underserved communities in the Ohio, Michigan and Pennsylvania regions. Our team and network is growing FAST, and we have an urgent need for qualified candidates who can keep up. We are looking for energetic and enthusiastic people who are passionate about new technology and taking care of our customers. This role will primarily revolve around installing all brand-new fiber optic broadband service to customer homes. Ideal candidates will have triple play installation experience as well as outside plant fiber optic splicing capabilities and excellent troubleshooting skills.
Job duties and expectations
- Install and troubleshoot all Omni Fiber services from the terminal to Customer Premise Equipment (CPE) (voice, video, broadband) with ability to setup a wireless mesh network and connect wireless devices
- Ability to troubleshoot, splice, and repair OSP fiber optic cables to restore service during outages
- Familiar with PLP/Coyote cases and following best practices for installation
- Comfortable with aerial drop/cable installation, mechanical terminations and testing
- Fantastic customer service skills and professional attitude. This role will require using your best judgement to accommodate different customer needs while maintaining a focus on quality and efficiency of installations.
- Assist with maintaining and updating facility records
- Skilled in basic telephony and computer equipment
- Physical ability to work in various environments, including attics, crawl spaces, and adverse weather.
- Operate company vehicle/equipment safely and professionally.
- Perform on-call rotation duties after regular business hours.
- Available to work overtime when deemed necessary, including holidays and weekends.
- Ability to work other duties as assigned.
- Meet key performance metrics.
- Skilled in basic safety principals.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical people.
- Possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license and acceptable driving record
- High school diploma
- Lift and move up-to 80 lbs. – some of our ladders weigh 50-80lbs
- Weigh less than 285 lbs., required for ladder safety
- At times work in small, confined spaces or aloft (up to 28 ft.)
- Be available for overtime, emergency callouts and holiday work
- Identify wire and cable colors
- Qualify on pre-employment assessments
- Physical ability to work from a kneeling or standing position for long periods.
Ideal candidates will also have –
- Outside plant fiber optic splicing experience (Fusion splicing, OTDR testing)
- Moderate network troubleshooting skills
- Experience with VoIP and customer alarm systems
- Ability to read prints and assist with redlines/construction drawings
- Outside plant cable locating experience
- Underground confined space training and experience.
- Fiber optic training certifications
- 3 years minimum of residential/business installation experience
- 3 years minimum outside plant fiber optic splicing and troubleshooting experience
- At least 5 years minimum in the telecommunications industry
*Generous health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401K match
- Generous Paid time Off package + 10 company holidays
- Company vehicle
- Internet service allowance
- Cell phone allowance
This is not your average triple play installation technician position for a cable company. It is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a brand-new team. Just think... new tools, new trucks, new fiber, new equipment. Ditch your old tool bag and come help us build our network from the ground up! Processes are evolving and we will rely on YOU to contribute feedback and take part in the success of a next generation internet service provider. TelForce Group is heavily focused on building a strong team and need candidates who want to play a big role in positively impacting the communities that we serve. This position has long term growth potential as expansion continues into new communities.
Pay: $18.00 - $23.00 per hour
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured and the ability to travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications and driver licenses to Jessica@telforcegroup.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format is required to be considered with 2 references name, telephone and email. All candidates will receive a call back based on your skills set that matches the job opening. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our data base for consumption. Call Jessica at 615-915-3119.