TelForce Group is looking for an Industrial Technician in the Slidell, LA area. This is a full time, direct hire position.
This position is responsible for installation and removal of batteries and charges/rectifiers for Commercial, Telecom, and Industrial systems. Employee will be required to provide service on battery and electronic based products at customer’s site. Installation and removal of batteries, remedial, emergency and battery preventive maintenance will be provided to customers on an as needed basis. Employee will also provide technical support to customers on operational or maintenance aspects of system equipment. Assignments are moderate to extensively complex in nature, which require judgment, and initiative in resolving problems and making recommendations. Experience in battery technologies is necessary. A good understanding of sealed and wet celled battery theory and application is a must. Applicants will perform other related duties such as processing customer reports, expenses, time, and other administrative job-related activities.
Industrial Technician Description:
- Maintain a safe working environment at all times. Report possible concerns to lead person or supervisor.
- Removes and replaces battery connectors and contact tips.
- Installs charger, rectifier, and inverter.
- Attaches leads from charger to battery posts and starts charger.
- Operates transfer cart to change batteries in and out of equipment.
- Maintains proper replacement of batteries.
- Makes minor repairs to battery cables.
- Reports all problems and repairs to Service Manager.
- Safely cleans up electrolyte spills.
- Keeps entire work area clean and free of debris.
- Timely and accurate completion of paperwork including Field Service Reports, time cards, and expense reports.
Industrial Technician Qualifications:
- 2-4 years of related electrical or battery experience
- High school or equivalent
- Experience with installation and removal of batteries and charges/rectifiers
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call 615.915.3119.