Lead Structured Cabling CAT 5/6 Technician
TelForce Group is looking for Lead Structured Cabling CAT 5/6 Technicians to travel throughout the US. These are full time, direct hire positions.
Lead Technician supports the Facility Infrastructure Team of installing copper and fiber infrastructure. The Lead Technician provides a high level of technical knowledge and site supervision to ensure successful completions of various projects. Must be able to travel 100% nationwide, 3-4 week rotation.
Lead Structured Cabling CAT 5/6 Technician Description:
- Perform Inside Plant Operations including, but not limited to, fusion, optical loss, OTDR fiber splicing and testing, additions, removals, wiring connections and modifications on working equipment and circuits
- Review, validate and create High-Level Designs and Low-Level Designs for areas of expertise
- Follow Customer/Industry standards for design documentation and implementation
- Provide technical leadership to installation and support engineering teams
- Participate as part of the project leadership team
- Manage and track time, materials, equipment, project documentation, within project guidelines and submit daily and weekly reports
- Inspect and approve completed work
- Review, audit, and approve deployments
Lead Structured Cabling CAT 5/6 Technician Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 4-7 years of experience with cable installation procedures
- 5+ years of experience in data center buildouts
- Certified on test equipment for phone, data, and fiber optic
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Kenny at 615.915.3119.