TelForce Group is looking for a Locator Technician in the Columbia, SC area. This is a full time, direct hire position.
Locates and marks buried copper, coax, and fiber plant, clearly marking the route and exposing when necessary. Fulfills timely locate requests. The candidate must be flexible to work in all types of terrain and weather conditions, able to succeed under stressful situations, and conduct him or herself in a professional-manner at all times. The candidate must also be motivated to work independently and demonstrate good time management skills to plan and accomplish assigned work load as required.
Locator Technician Description:
- Locates buried copper, coax and fiber plant, marking the route and exposing when necessary.
- Fulfills locate requests in a timely manner, reading utility prints, contacting city entities, utility companies, homeowners, landlords and contractors.
- Updates locate tickets in the 811 positive response system to reflect the status of the locate request.
- Using locating equipment determines location of buried fiber, coax, or copper plant.
- Confirms plant marked on maps is accurate and notifies Engineering if changes or updates need to be made.
- Assists Construction and Field Operations Technicians in cable/fiber installation using digging, trenching and other construction equipment. Operates various cable installation equipment to complete work orders. Maintains and repairs buried and aerial plant and associated equipment. Maintains right-of-way and restores and cleans all disturbed surfaces when work is completed.
- Drive extensively and get in-and-out of vehicle repeatedly, walk several miles per day.
- Mark the location of underground fiber assets on roadways, private property, and other locations, as appropriate and needed, using required spray paints, flags and other equipment.
- Accurately and consistently wear safety gear, and operate safety equipment, provided.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned by management.
Locator Technician Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3+ months construction experience and experience working with construction equipment
- Skill in customer service and customer relations
- Knowledge of the communications industry and basic construction practices
- Ability to organize, prioritize and handle multiple work assignments
- Prioritize work activities by reviewing all locate requests to determine travel route and timelines
- Knowledge of color-coding schemes to identify each specific type of utility
- Knowledge of 811 positive response systems
- Ability to complete work accurately under time constraints and deadlines
- Ability to work in all types of terrain and hazards (grass, gravel, ditches, etc.), all types of environments (construction sites, highways, industrial, private property, etc.) and all types of weather conditions
- Knowledge of Company safety policies and procedures
- Ability to negotiate with property owners, city personnel, utility companies and contractors
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as: maps, blueprints, schematics, staking sheets and operating/maintenance instruction manuals
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Bobby at 404.219.4346.