NOC Engineer Tier II
TelForce Group is looking for 2 - NOC Engineers Tier II.
These are direct hire, full-time positions.
Work is located in Oklahoma City, OK.
Pay is based on experience $21-25 per hour.
Possible relocation bonus depending on experience, knowledge and skillset.
Two positions available, 8-5 PM and 3PM to Midnight.
The successful NOC Engineer Tier II will perform network surveillance to maintain the integrity of our company. The role of the NOC Engineer is to ensure the reliability of the network that serves our clients by providing support that will promote the health and stability of the network. The NOC Engineer works cross-functionally with internal resources, equipment vendors, and facility providers to resolve issues in our deployed infrastructure. They will be responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting, and repair of Optical, SONET, DWDM, CWDM, Ethernet, and IP products and services. Requires a strong understanding of Layer 1, 2, and 3 principles with practical application across multiple HW/SW vendors. Must be able to work individually and as part of a team while multi-tasking and adapting in a fast-paced environment. Requires excellent internal and external communications skills by providing regular repair updates to external customers and internal stakeholders. This position will be supporting a 24x7x365 work environment and will involve working weekends and holidays.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Work with LECs, IXCs, vendors, internal departments, and customers to successfully troubleshoot impairments and outages as required.
- Utilize the ServiceNow ticketing system for documentation, escalations, and Field Operations dispatches.
- Follow prescribed escalation (internal/external) policies within SLAs.
- Read and interpret CLR/DLRs.
- Monitor network alarm systems and network equipment to detect service outages and network degradation conditions.
- Troubleshooting Electrical/Optical/DWDM/SONET/Ethernet/FttT/FttH issues on the network as needed.
- Timely detection of network-impacting events.
- Perform fault analysis, isolation, and remediation in switching, digital, optical, and other technologies.
- Perform incident management functions for all core network events by documenting all alerts and actions taken in a variety of systems and tools.
- Provide Single Point of Contact duties for high-risk & service-impacting events.
- Interface with customers, engineers, vendors, and technicians to resolve trouble reports.
- Provide technical assistance for service partners and ILEC technicians during service-impacting network events.
- Perform maintenance level activities such as configuration changes, reloads, card insertion and removal, and hardware upgrades on various IP, transport, and PON platforms: Calix, Nokia, Juniper, and others.
- Train other NOC Tier I & II, engineers as needed on process and technologies.
- Work on other projects as needed.
- Be able to operate in a 24x7x365 Network Operations Center; this includes shift work, 2nd and 3rd shift hours, and weekends.
- 2-3+ years' experience working in NOC environment in the telecommunications industry.
- 1-2 years of dealing and communications with other Carrier NOCs to accomplish the team’s objectives.
- Cisco CCNA or equivalent certification (A Plus).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with an eagerness to provide outstanding customer service to internal and external clients.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the following IP protocols: BGP, OSPF, MPLS, Spanning Tree, and ISIS.
- Familiar with CWDM/DWDM (C-band, L-band, Digital DWDM) theories and protocols, must have experience with troubleshooting wavelengths (2.5g, 10g, 40g, 100g+)
- Demonstrable knowledge of the following platforms: Calix, Nokia, Ciena Wave server, Ciena Cyan, Ekinops, Turin (Force 10), Juniper, Adtran, Metaswitch VoIP/ SIP Softswitch and Session Border Controller, and others.
- Proficient troubleshooting SONET (OC-3, OC-12, OC-48, OC-192)
- Ability to troubleshoot Layer 1-3 faults in platforms listed.
- Demonstrable knowledge of various network troubleshooting tools such as, but not limited to: ping, traceroute, telnet, SSH, and SNMP.
- Ability to acknowledge multiple network alerts and messages and determine customer and/or network impact as a result of symptoms presented.
- Ability to effectively direct field technicians and other personnel during troubleshooting and maintenance activities
- Experience performing circuit testing procedures and test equipment
- General understanding of fiber optics and reading of OTDR information and GIS systems.
- Requires computer literacy: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams, OneNote, and others.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment with minimal guidance, while focusing on a sense of urgency for customer-impacting issues.
- Must be able to work beyond the normal shift during outages and when working on special projects.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagram, or schedule form.
- Must be able to sit/stand for long periods of time and perform other physical demands in the position including but not limited to lifting 30-40 pounds.
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured and the ability to travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications and driver licenses to Bobby@telforcegroup.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format is required to be considered with 2 references name, telephone and email. All candidates will receive a call back based on your skills set that matches the job opening. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our data base for consumption. Call 404-219-4346.