NOC Engineer Tier III
TelForce Group is looking for a NOC Engineer Tier III.
This is a direct hire, full-time position.
Work is located in Oklahoma City, OK.
Pay is based on experience $27-30 per hour.
Possible relocation bonus depending on experience, knowledge and skillset.
Shift time is 8AM to 5PM.
The NOC Engineer Tier III will be responsible for training the Network Operations Center and providing support as the escalation point internally for Tier 1 and Tier 2 NOC employees to solve difficult, in dept troubleshooting issues. The NOC Engineer Tier III will act as the technical subject matter expert in projects involving the Operations Center.
The NOC Engineer Tier III will also maintain and update technical documents to ensure the Operations Center knowledge base is current.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform network support, hardware configuration and validation of large quantities of network-related devices such as Layer 1 Transport (DWDM/SONET), Layer 2/Layer 3 (routing/switching, IP, MPLS) network interface devices, firewalls, routers, SDWAN, VoIP, SIP, PRI, and Hosted Voice Services will be required on a daily basis.
- Evaluate network alarms and problem situations, resolving as required and escalating/dispatching for resolution.
- Process all service requests for new or modified services as they are required.
- Monitor open trouble tickets and ensure timely resolution.
- Monitor network components (routers, switches, and other items) through multiple EMS/NMS systems.
- Monitor weather and current events for the purpose of alerting management to potential risks.
- Identifies problem and risk areas and be able to advise management of actions required to mitigate their impact.
- Notify management of major network outages and resolutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE PROFILE
- 3 to 5 years of experience working in a NOC/help desk/system support position.
- Thorough understanding of TCP/IP addressing, ISP concepts, advanced routing protocols, and services such as BGP, DNS, DHCP, XDSL, SDWAN, SIP, VOIP, PRI, DWDM, GPON, Ethernet protocols, and other telecommunication services offered.
- Ability to perform basic system administration functions and manage day-to-day maintenance procedures.
- A+ certification.
- CCNA is strongly preferred.
- MEF certification preferred.
- Experience with Cyan, Cienna, Calix, Genband, Juniper, Accedian, Transitions, Cordell, Innovative, and Service Now systems.
- Flexible schedule with a willingness to work coverage shifts, holidays, and on-call rotations if or when necessary.
- Excellent leadership, networking, and communication skills
- Proven to meet or exceed set goals
Proven analytical skills
- Computer proficiency
- Experience working with customers in high-stress situations
- A results-orientation individual with a strong bias for action and the ability to prioritize and multitask
- Represents the Company in a respectful manner always
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured and the ability to travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications and driver licenses to Bobby@telforcegroup.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format is required to be considered with 2 references name, telephone and email. All candidates will receive a call back based on your skills set that matches the job opening. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our data base for consumption. Call 404-219-4346.