TelForce Group is looking for an FTTH Project Manager in the Bryan, TX area. This is a contract-to-hire position.
FTTH Project Manager Description:
• Understanding our client’s project mission and communicating the mission to all involved parties.
• Establish and manage our client’s expectations.
• Identify, assess, report and manage project risk factors.
• Ensure that all Project Contracts, Change Orders, Specifications, Selections Sheets, Addenda and other Project related Documents are complete, presented to the client, understood by the client and signed by the client.
• Manage all ongoing work within the scope of the signed contract documents and obtain proper contract revisions for additional work.
• Prepare and manage subcontractor schedules.
• Monitor and expedite vendor schedules.
• Review invoices, cost code and approve for payment.
• Overall subcontractor and vendor management for the project.
• Price, present, process, document and track all change orders (clients) and change authorizations (subs).
• Within 5 days of assignment to the project, read all contract documents including, but not limited to, Project Scope of Work/Program, Conditions and Qualifications, Schedule of Values, Addenda, etc.
• Provide value engineering input on designs and construction costs.
• Review detailed project budget that identifies areas of potential risk and recommend appropriate contingencies to ensure a profitable financial outcome.
• Understand current costs of the work and accurate projections on future costs to complete the work. This understanding must be clearly documented and readily communicable to all parties associated with the project who need this information to perform effectively.
• Identify and develop cost containment and cost savings measures that increase profitability and reduce, eliminate or compensate for potential project losses. These measures must be consistent with our Core Values and mission and must not diminish our standards of performance or the quality of our work.
• Conduct monthly cost-to-complete meetings with the COO on each of his/her projects and provide the CEO with updated project financial information and project status in a timely manner.
• Provide the Billing Department timely and accurate information for invoice preparation and presentation/mailing to the client to ensure we maintained a positive billing and collection status on all projects.
• Communicate with the client the payment expectations.
• Develop, communicate, and update the project schedule in all phases of the project. The PM is accountable for the viability and accuracy of the schedules developed.
• Work with division to insure weekly and monthly assessments of project manpower requirements for each of the projects he/she is managing and the communication of these requirements to the COO and the human resources department.
• Responsible for direct supervision of the project staff on each of his/her projects.
FTTH Project Manager Qualifications:
• College degree preferred, PMP Certified Preferred
• 15+ years of telecommunication construction experience
• 10+ years as a project/construction manager with similar duties and responsibilities
• Must be able to read, interpret and extrapolate construction plans, drawings and specifications
• Previous experience building large city-wide infrastructure including Active Ethernet networks for FTTH
• Experience managing large projects with various resources including subcontractors, inhouse, local and out-of-state subs/employees
• Proven experience in managing multiple disciplines of construction activities including splicing, directional drilling, aerial construction, micro trench, etc.
• Assertive/determined/detail - deadline oriented personality with the ability to anticipate problems and master details
• Must be able to analyze, comprehend and present complex information in various forms
• Must be able to perform various construction related activities including, but not limited to, lifting 50 lbs., sitting or standing for extended periods of time, driving a vehicle and physically negotiating a construction site
• Must possess good computer skills with working knowledge of MS-Windows MS-Word, Excel, MS-Project and MS-Outlook
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Vic at 404.353.0701.