OSP Design Engineer
TelForce Group is looking for an OSP Design Engineer in the Knoxville, TN area. This is a contract-to-hire position.
The OSP Field Design Engineer is a telecommunications professional who is responsible for securing necessary field information, verifying existing records, preparing documentation, inputting data, preparing work order construction notes to plan, and designing fiber builds.
OSP Design Engineer Description:
- Design upgrades, repairs, and enhancements to the Outside Plant fiber network which includes all structures (such as poles and conduit systems), fiber cable and associated equipment for aerial or underground applications
- Responsible for outside plant design matters, including permit applications and rights of way, with field forces, private owners, customers, building contractors, utilities, and government agencies
- Researching rights of way, deed, and property information, as well as related information in courthouses, libraries, and other locations
- May spend the day in outdoor activities, traverse rough terrain on foot, carry range rods, drive stakes, and occasional use a brush axe in rural areas
- May enter Controlled Environmental Vaults (CEV'S), Manholes and Cable Vaults, construction sites, and potentially dangerous industrial areas
- Review construction drawings and permits for contractual requirements and constructability;
- Coordination of design requirements and schedules with third party clients
- Support field construction activities as required to execute the design and construction of fiber optic networks
OSP Design Engineer Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or technical/science/mathematics fields or 5+ years of OSP experience in lieu of degree
- Prior working experience and basic knowledge of Outside Plant Engineering Practices & knowledge of LFACS, LEAD, BDMS, vBuild, iVapp, and ICGS
- Experience with the CAD/GIS software a plus
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings and specifications
- Advanced understanding of MS Office Suite (Word, Power Point and Excel)
- Ability to review, understand and contribute to project execution plans and schedules
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Dave at 239.233.1267.