TelForce Group is looking for an OSP Engineer in the Columbus, OH area. This is a contract-to-hire position.
OSP Engineer Description:
- Provide direct telecommunications outside plant engineering support of the company’s internal communications projects
- Provide and document budgetary cost estimates
- Provide detailed engineering plans, costs and schedules related to fiber optics-based projects
- Provide engineering guidance regarding telecommunications issues to AEP business units and associated contracting firms
- Coordinate with Station Engineering to ensure proper infrastructure is installed during station construction to support communications needs
- Procure required fiber cable storage, splicing, termination and access equipment
- Define and document splicing requirements
- Select and manage fiber splicing
- Compile Method of Procedure documentation related to fiber splicing and rearrangement activities
- Review, approve and document installed fiber test characteristics.
- Verify against initial system design to ensure proper communications system operation.
- Coordinate fiber cable related maintenance and repair activities
- Process equipment and contractor services invoices
- Coordinate with Graphics and Documentation to ensure redlines are processed and included with as-built documentation
OSP Engineer Qualifications:
- 4-year degree in engineering, construction, business, or communications with 5-9 years of experience or; 2-year degree in engineering, construction, business, or communications with 9-14 years of experience or; no degree with 14 years of experience
- Experience with cable construction, maintenance and repair scheduling/coordination
- Experience with fiber cable systems operation and maintenance
- Expertise in defining customer needs and implementing practical solutions
- Expertise with communications facility/infrastructure layout, specification and procurement
- Expertise in prioritizing projects and tasks
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Sonia at 269.330.0661.