TelForce Group is looking for an OSP Engineer to work remotely in the Los Angeles, CA area. Will work remotely from home and travel to conduct site walks in Anaheim/Huntington Beach/Los Angeles areas. This is a contract-to-hire position.
The OSP Engineer will be based in the Los Angeles, CA metro area and entails field work around suburban metro and occasionally other metro areas in the state to take pictures, measurements, document existing facilities, and obtain design information in preparation for OSP network design.
OSP Engineer Description:
- Continues to learn and apply standards, systems, document control, departmental guides and company policies and procedures
- Ensures that deliverables are accurate and compliant by continually developing knowledge of the Black and Veatch company’s
- Demonstrates personal accuracy and supports continuous improvement and change management efforts
- Broadens knowledge of the applications required to modify and develop less complex deliverables based on a variety of design input
- May assist with minor computations such as material quantity estimates and dimensional checks
- May assist in coordinating deliverables with other groups involved on the same project to minimize interference or errors
- Focuses on the needs of internal clients while attempting to gain basic understanding of external client's main interests and drivers
- Proactively seeks and shares knowledge of latest technologies and processes
- Frequent travel, being in the field all day, weather conditions
- Ability to work independently, driven, take initiative
- Ability travel pick up and travel when scheduled
OSP Engineer Qualifications:
- Experience doing OSP Fiber field/data collection; highly prefer candidate with AT&T Fielding experience (knowledge with AT&T ARAMIS tool also high preference)
- A minimum of 1-year related field work experience
- Diploma or Certificate preferred
- Basic knowledge of engineering standards, systems, document control, departmental guides and company policies and procedures
- Basic industry knowledge and technology trends
- Basic knowledge of company quality program
- Basic ability to interpret engineering deliverable content as assigned
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Matt at 615.915.3119.