TelForce Group is looking for an OSP Engineer to work remote. This is a full time, direct hire position.
The OSP Engineer will engage with our in-house personnel and key customer contacts including government and local agencies to successfully provide design upgrades and enhancements to the Outside Plant telephony network.
OSP Engineer Description:
- Collect field notes from OSP Fielders, validate for accuracy, provide engineering overlay and appropriate engineering and construction notes
- Work as part of a multi-faceted team consisting of engineering, construction, project management, and scheduling personnel, all with a common interest of delivering results to the customer
- Report and have accountability to the Project Manager with frequent updates on project progress and risks
- Maintain safe working habits and conditions according to regulations and policies.
OSP Engineer Qualifications:
- 5-7 years of OSP Engineering Experience
- Must have experience with BSTCAD systems and OSP Design
- 5-7 years of BSTCAD software
- Working knowledge of the telecommunications industry standards, practices and regulations pertaining to the engineering of fiber optic outside plant facilities
- Knowledge of aerial and underground construction methods and engineering requirements
- Familiar with general permitting requirements for State Department of Transportation, as well as other state, county and city permitting agencies
- Knowledge of fiber feeder and distribution jobs
- Knowledge of Corning Flexnap cable
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Effective Communication Skills
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Must have experience with BST-CAD, OSPCM, JMS (OPEDS), AOtX , AOTS, PLANET,CEEOT, MMT, PM Tool, EFACTS, MIC, LFACS, GRANITE and OCALC
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Taylor at 602.907.3098.