OSP Engineer and OSP Engineering Manager
TelForce Group is looking for a OSP Engineer and OSP Engineering Manager for direct hire in the Mankato & Minneapolis, MN areas. Responsible for multiple Markets - MN, ND, SD, WI & IA. Base Salary for OSP Engineer is $70-$80k and Engineer Manager is $85-$120 depending on experience.
The OSP Engineering Manager reports to the Senior Director - OSP Engineering (North/East Markets), and oversees the companies North Outside Plant (OSP) Engineering team. The OSP manager has full OSP engineering responsibilities for the companies North markets including MN, ND, SD, WI, and IA with direct reports located throughout the companies North market areas.
The successful OSP Engineer candidate will engineer, schedule, and manage projects to expand and maintain all outside communication plant networks. The candidate will work and meet with internal and external construction resources, peer engineering teams, customers, and government officials to ensure builds are completed in required timeframes. Engineering of projects consists of field work, preparation of labor and material estimates and associated CAD work prints, and acquiring of all required easements and permits from both private landowners and government entities. The candidate must also work within budget constraints, and strive to ensure projects are completed within estimated costs.
OSP Engineering Manager
Design review and approval of all capital and expense projects in the North market
Manage the construction and splicing of all OSP projects through contracted construction resources
Manage the OSP capital and operating budgets for the North markets.
OSP Engineering Manager
- Requires strong communications, interpersonal, organizational, and project management skills
- Minimum 3 years telecommunications related work experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook are required
- Working experience in AutoCAD and Google Earth is preferred but not required
In order for the candidate to be considered for an OSP Engineering Manager, the following qualifications should also be met.
- 6-10 years experience in the telecommunications field, 3 years related work experience
- 3-5 years managerial experience
- Management responsibility for multiple markets or states or an equivalent workload and level of responsibility
- Subject matter expert for OSP Engineering and Construction standards and procedures
- Proven ability to successfully manage and work within capital and expense budgets
- Proven ability to lead both small and large teams
- Facilitates special projects and/or project teams that are cross-functional and/or have national reach such as large scale builds (CAF, RDOF, etc) or system integration projects
- 2 or 4 year degree in engineering, or telecommunication construction, or related field, or the equivalent in experience.
- 1-3 years application experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Computer proficiency including spreadsheets and word
- Possess strong time management skills and be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- AutoCad drafting experience preferred
- Budget experience
- Valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record
We are proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package:
- 401(k) matching
- Medical, Rx, Dental and Vision insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid vacation and personal days
- Paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Annual bonus program to eligible employee's based upon organization performance
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, familial status, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured and the ability to travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications and driver licenses to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format is required to be considered with 2 references name, telephone and email. All candidates will receive a call back based on your skills set that matches the job opening. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our data base for consumption. Call Bobby French 404-219-4346.