OSP Engineer I
Telforce Group is looking for OSP Engineer I in PA, MD, VA and WV – This position is remote.
The OSP Engineer is responsible for performing general outside plant engineering for OSP cables to include coax (HFC), FTTH, and fiber optic network projects utilizing company’s design and drafting software. The OSP Engineer processes service orders, determines cable routes, obtains easements, processes permits, designs network plant extensions, system re-routes and capacity upgrades. Additionally, the OSP Engineer coordinates contractors and provides engineering support to construction and operations teams.
- Education: AS degree in a relevant engineering or technology field is desired. Other candidates with a strong technical background and substantial industry or military experience will be considered.
- Experience Level:
- 5 or more years of experience in outside plant engineering disciplines to include copper, coax, or fiber optic design
ii, Experience in Right-Of-Way and easement acquisition and law; experience in communications with property owners and permitting agencies. Strong permitting background preferred.
- Special Requirements:
- Project management experience
- Able to interpret technical material and blue prints with knowledge of fiber optic technology
iii. Knowledge of invoicing and “Make Ready” experience strongly preferred
- Hold a valid government-issued driver’s license
- Skill Requirements:
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
iii. Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Computer based programs and field equipment use, specifically Microsoft Office products
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured and the ability to travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications and driver licenses to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format is required to be considered with 2 references name, telephone and email. All candidates will receive a call back based on your skills set that matches the job opening. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our data base for consumption. Call 251-404-4609.