OSP Engineer III
TelForce Group is looking for a OSP Engineer lll
This is a Direct Hire position
Work is in Richmond, VA
$95-120k base salary
The OSP Engineer III will be responsible for the end-to-end process of FTTH engineering through construction. They will provide oversight to design vendors and OSP Engineers internally and manage document review and QA/QC.
The OSP Engineer III will:
- Works under the direction of the SR Manager of OSP Planning and engineering to produce/review OSP designs consistent with industry standards
- Provide oversight and direction for multiple projects
- Produce and maintain QA/QC checklists
- Review construction documents and permits for accuracy and requirements
- Interpret, revise, and update splicing drawings or diagrams
- Review bill of materials and unit labor costs associated to engineering designs
- Interpret and QC MRE/MRC documents and applications
- Ability to read and understand utility maps and related features.
- Maintain weekly/monthly reporting for project status
- Provide oversight to engineering vendors and internal designers to meet set deadlines
- Operate GIS hardware and software systems including but not limited to ArcGIS, ArcGIS Online, AutoCAD, Trimble, customer specific Fiber Management software: 3GIS, OSPInsight, GE Smallworld.
- Proficient in Microsoft Platforms: Word, Excel, Visio, Access, etc…
- Perform GPS editing of telecom utility data
- Review and/or correct data integrity errors within engineering documentation
- Understand the use of document management systems, filing, and document scanning
- Georeferencing/Digitizing GIS data
- Process, interpret, support field data collection procedures
- Document and maintain OSP engineering procedures
- Comply with all safety regulations and meet safety requirements to maintain a successful safety record
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Geography, Computer Science, Environmental science or related field, relevant work experience also considered (Preferred)
- 5 + years of experience in OSP Design and Engineering
- 1+ years of GIS experience (utility sector experience preferred)
- Proven experience managing the design of regional FTTH
- Possess interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and coordinate with multiple business units both internal and external
- Ability to prioritize, schedule, meet deadlines and work independently of given assignments
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Access).
- Knowledge of Google Suite (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Presentations, Forms).
- Experience with QA/QC of engineering drawings related to utility systems
- Excellent communication with internal and external customers
- Possesses strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to travel for work
The OSP Engineer III will be expected to report to work in the Company’s headquarters. A hybrid work schedule will be considered once deliverables are completed.
***All new employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19.***
$1,000 REFERRAL BONUS
Call Dave at 239-763-2398
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured and the ability to travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications and driver licenses to Dave@telforcegroup.com . In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format is required to be considered with 2 references name, telephone and email. All candidates will receive a call back based on your skills set that matches the job opening. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our data base for consumption. Call 239-763-2398.