OSP Fiber Splicers
Telforce is looking for OSP Fiber Splicers
These are Full Time - Direct Hires – Located in Oklahoma City, OK
Pay $21-$28 hr.
As a successful Fiber Splicer, you will be responsible for the proper preparation and splicing of fiber optic cable within a telecommunications system.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Prepare fiber cable into new or existing splice enclosure, tray, and splice fiber optic cable, to include single fiber and up to 432-count fiber
- Splice fiber via fusion methods
- Ribbonize loose tube fiber
- Identify and access fibers in an existing splice enclosure
- Respond to network outages and perform the required repairs
- Install termination panels on customer premises as well as fiber terminals in an environmental cabinet and/or underground vault
- Test cable with optical test equipment such as OTDR, power meter, fiber identifier, and fiber scope to troubleshoot and repair fiber
- Complete testing and turn-ups of subscriber circuits
- Analyze fiber traces
- Complete the required close-out documentation for all splice locations
- Secure Company and customer-issued assets and equipment in a safe manner at all times
- Use of hand tools, ladders, and equipment to assist in the completion of an assigned project.
- Preferred 2 years of related work experience
- Working knowledge of telecommunications network structure
- Familiarity with fiber optic cable, splice enclosures, and the functionality of each
- Experience with backbone splicing
- Ability to use OTDR and fusion splicing equipment
- Ability to read fiber matrices
- Ability to interpret and analyze data
- Ability to troubleshoot problems
- Willingness to Travel
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to perform physically demanding tasks, including the ability to lift 50 lbs. on a regular basis
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured and the ability to travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications and driver licenses to Jessica@telforcegroup.com and/or Jarriel@telforcegroup.com . In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format is required to be considered with 2 references name, telephone and email. All candidates will receive a call back based on your skills set that matches the job opening. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our data base for consumption. Call 615-915-3119.