OSP Field Inspector
Telforce is looking for an OSP Field Inspector
Direct Hire – Grand Rapids, Michigan - $45k-$75k
The OSP Field Supervisor ensures construction is built safely and to the required standards and specifications. It is therefore important for the OSP Field Supervisor to respond quickly to neighborhood complaints and actively work to resolve the issues. An OSP Field Supervisor will find themselves in many various roles throughout a typical day.
What you will be doing:
- Maintain understanding of our specifications, standard practices, and safety
- Conduct walkouts and inspects aerial fiber cable placement on poles and splice points as well as the underground placement of conduit and handholes for quality and correct installation as per Company technical specifications and/or construction specifications.
- Approve all unitized completed aerial work done to Company standards
- Manage the OSP Construction Tracker
- Monitor the approved budget for each of their assigned work orders
- Respond to utility strikes, conducts investigation, completes documentation of said strike within 24 hours. Conducts retraining of the contractor or terminates them if necessary
- Conduct a weekly audit for each contractor of their safety, construction, and quality practices
- Identify contractor training needs and arranges for the contractor to get the training
- Ensure aerial line contractors have a weekly safety and communications tailgate meeting with their employees and will assist the contractor in scheduling periodic damage prevention tailgates safety meetings in the language which the employees are most fluent
What You Need for This Position:
- A High School Diploma or general education degree (GED); or three (3) to five (5) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be detailed oriented and excellent organizational skills
- Related quality control and/or outside aerial plant construction experience
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Works well under pressure
- Ability walking long distances, and potentially uneven and/or less than ideal ground conditions each day with contractors
- Capable working in all temperatures, climate and weather conditions maintaining safe work zone practices
- Must have excellent communications and diplomacy skills
- Committed to and driven by quality and safety
- Ability to distinguish between general audience information and confidential information and to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time and recognize which tasks are more urgent or require more attention
- Must have and maintain a valid driver license and a clean driving record (no DUIs or serious traffic violations).
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured and the ability to travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications and driver licenses to Madonna@telforcegroup.com . In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format is required to be considered with 2 references name, telephone and email. All candidates will receive a call back based on your skills set that matches the job opening. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our data base for consumption. Call 615-915-3119.