OSP Permitting Manager
TelForce Group is looking for an Outside Plant Permitting Manager in the Richmond, VA area.
We are currently seeking a candidate for an OSP (Outside Plant) Permit Manager to join our Fiber Team. The OSP Permit Manager in the telecommunications field, is responsible for managing all necessary engineering and construction related permitting submittals to various jurisdictions for various telecom projects. Will work with the engineering team and vendors to resolve any conflicts that arise during permitting process and shall track multiple, concurrent permit submittals across multiple jurisdictions. The ideal candidate will be highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities. Must be an initiative-taker who will initiate action instead of waiting for direction. Additionally, will have the ability to display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
OSP Permit Manager critical responsibilities:
- Works closely with OSP Engineers to create and review permit drawings and packages including traffic control, department of transportation, railroad, and complex lane closure (Traffic Control
Plans) to ensure compliance with permit drawing requirements of the jurisdiction and or ROW contact.
- Research/navigates complex databases and uses critical thinking analysis to provide proper permit applications according to known practices and guidelines.
- Acquires permit fee amounts, complete permit application, and submit check requests ensuring timely permitting submittal and on time performance of the permitting process.
- Acquires all permits needed to enable construction activities. Prepares and updates internal permit tracking reports and schedules. Manages relationship to jurisdictions and ROW contacts such as municipalities, state agencies, and railroad to detail specific requirements including design specifications, permit lead times, points of contact, and specific requirements to expedite delivery process.
- Provides direct interface with contractors, jurisdictional authorities, etc. Works with the project team to understand priorities and communicates permit package deliverables.
- Prioritizes permit submittals based upon review/lead times and schedules. Determines requirements for permit and plan submissions, including review and updates to standards and forms if required.
- Maintains detailed records and reports related to all communication and interaction with permitting agencies.
- Manages interactions needed to enable the efficient and timely processing of the required permits.
- Adheres to and promotes the environmental, health and safety policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned to ensure effective operation of the department and the Company.
Qualifications of a strong candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a related discipline, or the equivalent education and /or experience.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in the telecommunications industry
- Minimum 1 years’ experience as a Permit Specialist/Right of Way Agent, particularly involving telecommunications permitting with outside plant, fiber optics, telecommunication architectures, and optical transport equipment is required.
- Project Management experience, preferably OSP, preferred
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel (required), PowerPoint and Outlook. SharePoint experience a plus.
- Must be familiar with telecommunications terms and infrastructure.
- AutoCAD, 3-GIS, and Google Earth experience preferred.
- Must be willing to learn new software, as necessary.
- Good decision making, analytical, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to meet critical due dates.
- Ability to complete tasks with latitude to decide what work will be required well in advance of actual activities.
- Excellent organization, time management and follow up skills and the ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills including a proven ability to listen and understand customers, as well as ability to work in a team environment.
Characteristics of a great TelForce team member:
- A consummate team collaborator! You ensure alignment to core values, vision, and mission throughout the organization.
- Intense and natural mission alignment with TelForce Group
- Love working in a fast paced, entrepreneurial culture. Thus, you thrive in building things successfully from scratch.
- A systems thinker who gets a charge out of progress and continuous improvement as much as big milestones
The OSP Permit Specialist will be expected to report to work in the Company’s headquarters in Richmond, Virginia. The headquarters are located in the James Center in the heart of downtown with easy access to I-95 and the Downtown Expressway. Travel to regional office locations and field operations will be at the COO’s discretion.
All new employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
The OSP Permit Manager will receive a competitive salary based on qualifications. TelForce offers industry-leading medical, dental and vision coverage, paid-time-off and 401(k) with Company match, among other benefits.
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured and the ability to travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications and driver licenses to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format is required to be considered with 2 references name, telephone and email. All candidates will receive a call back based on your skills set that matches the job opening. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our data base for consumption. Call 615.915.3119.