OSP Project Managers
Telforce is looking for OSP Project Managers
These are Full Time - Hybrid Positions – Direct Hires - Location : OKC, OK
Pay Rate $65-$90k
The OSP Project Manager will ensure all assigned projects are completed according to a mutually agreed upon timeline and in accordance with company policies.
- The OSP Project Manager will monitor all aspects of the project and expedite or escalate as appropriate to achieve the cost, quality, and schedule goals for the project.
- Make recommendations to management regarding ways to get the project back on track to meet cost, quality, and schedule goals if it becomes apparent that any of those goals are not being met.
- Summarize potential solutions and make logical recommendations to management.
- Coordinate with OSP Planning to prepare preliminary cost estimates and route proposals including descriptions of the proposed project and a map showing the preliminary route that is the basis for the estimate.
- Identification of pole ownership for proposed routes
- Identification of right of way and permitting requirements for proposed routes.
- Knowledge of Design and engineering of final approved projects including final route recommendation, field engineering, and pole loading (these functions are performed by others however the OSP Project Manager is responsible for ensuring that the work is started and completed on time and is sufficient to obtain the required permit approvals.
- Identify and arrange to obtain pole attachment agreements and structure access agreements as needed to facilitate fiber placement and submit for and obtain pole attachment permits and structure access permits.
- Read and interpret construction documents, i.e., prints and plans as well as splicing diagrams that are used in the splicing of fiber optics.
- Review preliminary construction prints from Right of Way authorities and determine potential conflicts; attend utility coordination meetings and construction progress meetings as needed.
- Arrange to perform preventative maintenance testing utilizing OTDR test equipment, analyze results, and coordinate repairs as needed.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information, and designs workflows and procedures.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
- Cooperation - Establishes and maintains effective relations; exhibits tact and consideration; offers assistance and support to co-workers; works cooperatively in group situations; works actively to resolve conflicts.
- Problem-Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions. Works well in group problem-solving situations. Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and within budget.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- High School Degree
- Valid Driver License
- 5-10 years of telecom industry experience
- 3+ years of knowledge and experience in coordinating make-ready work for aerial construction
- Knowledge of NESC guidelines and specifications, construction safety standards, and OSHA requirements
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings, typical, and permits
- Proficient in using documents, spreadsheets, and other related software
- Knowledge or familiarity with Web Applications and/or GIS mapping software
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule that may include weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- Occasionally lift and carry loads of 25 lbs. or more.
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured and the ability to travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications and driver licenses to Madonna@telforcegroup.com . In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format is required to be considered with 2 references name, telephone and email. All candidates will receive a call back based on your skills set that matches the job opening. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our data base for consumption. Call 615-915-3119.