OSP Quality Control Engineer
TelForce Group is looking for an OSP Quality Control Engineer in the Evansville, IN area. This is a full time, direct hire position.
Reporting to the Supervisor of OSP Quality Control, the Quality Control Engineer will be responsible for working with various groups within the organization to ensure the quality and accuracy of OSP design products. The Quality Control Engineer must thoroughly understand all relevant issues so that key internal and external stakeholders are appropriately identified and involved.
OSP Quality Control Engineer Description:
- Work directly with the engineering staff to ensure that projects are designed in accordance with all applicable permitting requirements and to establish or utilize the most effective and cost-efficient compliant path forward.
- Ability to identify and interpret Railroad and Highway crossings.
- Identify Right of Way areas (State, City and County) on engineering prints ensuring that they are within legal limits of any given market.
- Identify legitimate easements that design engineers have utilized to maintain connectivity throughout the market.
- Work directly with individual Project Managers, Construction Managers, Splicers, etc. to resolve technical issues that may arise over the course of construction.
- Review FTTH designs to ensure compliance with standards, accuracy and completeness.
- Review cost estimates for accuracy and completeness.
- Review and evaluate change orders to determine the cause and take appropriate corrective actions to avoid repeats on future estimates.
- Escalates issues to management in a timely fashion.
- Manages interactions needed to enable the efficient and timely progression of the work.
- Possesses strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Displays exceptional written & verbal communication skills.
- Shows strong initiative and ability to follow direction.
- Is detail oriented with exceptional team building skills.
- Possesses ability to effectively and efficiently work multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Has strong computer skills, with emphasis using Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Project. Experience with AutoCAD, 3GIS and Spatial designs preferred.
OSP Quality Control Engineer Qualifications:
- Three years of OSP construction/design experience, or an acceptable equivalency in education and experience. Extensive knowledge of telecommunications and utility construction methods.
- Strong computer skills, with emphasis using Microsoft Word, Excel and Project.
- Advanced understanding of mapping, GIS and CADD drafting programs.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Colby at 615.915.3119.