SR OSP Engineers
Telforce is looking for OSP SDU Engineers
Full Time Positions – Direct Hire - Located in VA - $95K yr.
Senior OSP Engineer : The Senior OSP Engineer is responsible for performing general outside plant engineering for company’s OSP cables to include copper, coax, and fiber optic network projects utilizing the company’s design and drafting software. The Senior OSP Engineer determines cable routes, obtains easements, processes permits, designs network plant extensions, system re-routes and capacity upgrades. Additionally, the Senior OSP Engineer coordinates contractors and provides engineering support to construction and operations teams.
- Education: AS degree in a relevant engineering or technology field is desired. Other candidates with a strong technical background and substantial industry or military experience will be considered.
- Hold a valid government issued driver’s license.
- Experience Level:
- 5 or more years of experience in outside plant engineering disciplines to include copper, coax, or fiber optic design
- Project management experience
- Able to interpret technical material and blue prints with knowledge of fiber optic technology:
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Outside plant networks (copper, coax, fiber, ancillary optics)
- Microsoft Excel, AutoCAD, Visio, Mapcom, LodeData or other network mapping and design tools.
- MDU/SDU routing and design
- ISP design
- WFH with travel to market
- Must be within reasonable driving distance to market
- Market locations: Central and Southern VA
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured and the ability to travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications and driver licenses to Robin@telforcegroup.com . In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format is required to be considered with 2 references name, telephone and email. All candidates will receive a call back based on your skills set that matches the job opening. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our data base for consumption. Call 251-404-4609.