Overhead Transmission Line Engineering Manager
TelForce Group is looking for an Overhead Transmission Line Engineering Manager to work remote. This is a full time, direct hire position.
Overhead Transmission Line Engineering Manager Description:
- Functions as a technical specialist or in a lead role.
- Under general direction, develops and applies advanced engineering techniques, concepts and approaches to complex engineering problems.
- May provide technical guidance over a group or supervise engineering staff on projects of low to medium complexity.
- Provides guidance and direction on department design guides, standards, systems, applicable engineering codes and policies.
- Assists in developing, maintaining and updating engineering standards.
- Provides technical guidance to others regarding projects and disciplines.
- Independently applies knowledge and complies with quality program relative to assigned tasks.
- May be responsible for ensuring compliance with quality program.
- Provides related guidance and direction to others.
- Supports continuous improvement and change management efforts.
- Responsible for assisting with identification of key client interests and drivers on moderately complex projects and may determine the key clients in some instances.
- Communicates client interests and drivers to project team members and develops approaches to accommodate these concerns in the performance of the work on moderately complex projects.
- Typically provides support to business development or pursuit activities.
- Services as a technical specialist and has knowledge to provide consultation and guidance to project teams.
- Typically supports multiple projects on the complex technical challenges.
- Actively fosters knowledge management and provides mentoring.
- Develops and applies advanced engineering concepts and approaches to unique engineering problems.
- Assists with performance management process, mentoring, recognition and any corrective actions required.
- Manages engineering resources for small groups of a single discipline.
Overhead Transmission Line Engineering Manager Qualifications:
- Advanced knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards
- Ability to lead, teach and perform quality checks on all of most of the following- line routing, conductor selection, conductor sag and tension design, wood and steel structure analysis, hardware, insulator and assembly selection, clearance evaluation, equipment and construction specifications and/or moderate to highly complex PLS-CADD applications
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Brittany at 615.434.4803.