Permit Project Managers
Telforce is looking for a Permit Project Manager
Direct to Hire – Iowa City and Des Moines, Iowa - $75k-$90k
The Permit Project Manager is responsible for partnering with the centralized permitting team to prioritize activities and manage permit requirements. Permits may include Departments of Transportation (DOT), railroads, Corps of Engineer, waterways, drainage districts, city permits and all other jurisdictional agency requirements necessary for timely completion of the construction schedule. The Permit Project Manager is one of the main contacts with the Construction and Pole Team owners. They manage the cohesive relationship to drive permit approvals and will travel to location to expedite and facilitate the permit approval process.
What you will be doing:
- Support to managers and employees on the company project where assigned.
- Interaction with internal permitting team to ensure appropriate, complete and correct information is captured in all permit applications.
- Anticipates and schedules permits to avoid project roadblocks
- Facilitates resolution of issues as they arise to keep the project on schedule.
- Research and gather data to support project team scheduling requirements.
- Serve as liaison with internal resources to assure pole applications are submitted in order and on time to meet the project schedule.
- Provide follow-up to pending issues to assure completion of tasks – internal and external.
- Coordinate with permitting agencies to organize applications, adjust as desired and resolve any issues preventing or delaying the permitting process.
- Develop plans including timelines, tasks, and schedules for permits from inception through issuance.
- Ensure permit submittal packages are in accordance with jurisdictional requirements.
- Identify jurisdiction specific requirements and provide that information to the team.
- Monitor/track permit packages via online systems, email, or in person as necessary to meet local requirements.
- Monitor project folders and effectively communicates the status of each permit.
- Complete any necessary paperwork, reporting, etc.
- Ensure timely completion of assigned deliverables.
What You Need for This Position:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or Associates with 2+ years’ experience preferred
- 3+ years permitting experience and/or 1 year of permit coordination experience obtaining permits for utility construction in rights-of-way and public or private utility easements.
- Experience with permitting in multiple states preferred.
- Experience working in multidiscipline and cross-functional teams preferred.
- Able to work within a team, leading multiple personalities and driving projects to conclusion.
- Organization and strong problem-solving aptitude required.
- Ability to interact with all levels of organization including external agencies required.
- Strong social, verbal, and written communications skills required.
- Must be able to work independently, and with a team.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Additional Job Requirements:
- May require after-hours and weekend work.
- Travel to and from location to aid construction or Pole team in acquiring permits (Car and/or flight)
- Willingness to perform job duties of Permitting Specialist in order to keep projects on schedule
- Valid driver's license and eligible to travel across state lines required.
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured and the ability to travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications and driver licenses to Madonna@telforcegroup.com . In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format is required to be considered with 2 references name, telephone and email. All candidates will receive a call back based on your skills set that matches the job opening. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our data base for consumption. Call 615-915-3119.