Physical Security Design & Field Engineer
TelForce Group is looking for a Physical Security Design & Field Engineer in the Rochester, NY area. This is a contract-to-hire position.
Physical Security Design & Field Engineer Description:
- Ideal candidates will be experienced in physical security design of cameras, card readers, and motion detectors in various facility applications.
- Candidate should have experience with initial design and constructability review in accordance with project specifications.
- Candidate should have experience preparing engineering drawing mark-ups, reviews, and signing/stamping engineering drawings pertinent to the design
- Prepare engineering design per the relevant local and National standards and applicable codes
- Participate in formal engineering design and other reviews as may be mandated for the design changes in question
- Collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze and validate the information of needs and functional requirements
- Familiarity with the understanding and interpretation building-design blueprints to determine the consistency of contractual security requirements
- Follow engineering and customer standards for design documentation
- Provide technical leadership for site-survey, deployment, installation and configuration and support engineering teams
- Candidate to perform plant walk downs as and if required in support of design requirements definition and detailed engineering of design modifications
- Manage and facilitate engineering designs per the relevant local and National standards and applicable codes
- Manages assigned budget, schedule, and quality requirements
- Plans and conducts independent evaluation, selection and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria
- Candidate to preform reviews lower level engineering work or assignments
- Candidate to be responsible for one or more of the following: overseeing collection, assimilation, and management of data for engineering work; leading smaller production teams; and serving as the responsible charge for a project
- Candidate to provide technical assistance to the Physical Security site walk teams including ability to perform site visits to collect design information.
- Provide ongoing field engineering support for all construction activities
- Candidate will be required to mentor and train less experienced personnel
- Attend company and client status meetings.
- Acts in capacity of a “lead person”. Does not have management responsibility for the people to whom they provide work direction.
Physical Security Design & Field Engineer Qualifications:
- Telecommunications Professional and must be capable of engineering routine and physical security design
- 5+ years of related work experience
- Must have experience with Physical Security design of cameras, card readers, and motion detectors in various facility applications
- Bachelor's degree in engineering technology or sciences preferred or any other degree, specialized training, or experience, that makes the individual uniquely qualified to perform the job responsibilities
- Industry recognized credentials preferred as needed
- Intermediate ability to interpret engineering deliverable content as assigned
- Intermediate industry knowledge and technology trends
- Intermediate knowledge of company quality program
- Intermediate knowledge of construction and constructability practices and principles
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Jessie at 615.915.3119.