TelForce Group is looking for a Procurement Representative in the Kansas City, KS area. This is a contract-to-hire position.
Provide support to the project team with complex procurement transaction activities (equipment, services and subcontracts), which may expand to assignment on multiple projects. May be required to support other procurement duties, including expediting, procurement administration, closeout and proposal development.
Procurement Representative Description:
- Prepares contract documents and bidders list.
- Prepares, issues and may manage the bidding process.
- Leads and manages the evaluation process through the distribution of quotations, preparation of the commercial portion of the bid tabulation, and collaboration with engineering and construction regarding the technical and constructability evaluations.
- Makes recommendations for selected bidder(s) and who to award.
- Leads, and schedules, coordinates and manages the negotiation process. Able to resolve simple and complex commercial terms and conditions exceptions.
- Manages the award and conforming process.
- Able to resolve simple claim or dispute events with vendors.
- May be responsible for soliciting budgetary pricing for equipment, material, or labor to support estimating/proposal efforts for a non-major project or projects.
- Proficient in the basic functions of the vendor database.
- Trains others in the function of a Procurement Representative, with oversight from Supervisor.
- Files appropriate record documents and follows Corporate and project filing rules.
- May provide input to portions of new and/or revised procedures or documents.
Procurement Representative Qualifications:
- BA or BS degree in Supply Chain, Business, Technical/Engineering, Construction Management or related field (preferred). Relevant experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Proficient Computer Skills - Databases and MS Office
- Proficient Contract Comprehension
- Strong Data Entry
- Basic Project Process Management
- Basic Schedule and Planning Understanding
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Sonia at 269.330.0661.