TelForce Group is looking for a Professional Engineer in the Southwest MN area. This is a full time, direct hire position.
Performs advanced professional engineering work related to communications networks. Develop plans, specifications, and inspection reports as needed on assigned tasks to see that these items are complete, accurate, and in accordance with good engineering practice. Is technically involved in the resolution of design problems that may include performing field investigation or inspections, detailed design work, and detailed checking of design computations done by others, or general coordination of specific design aspects into a project. May occasionally supervise and schedule work of other team members. Work closely with other disciplines on multi-discipline projects. Has client contact at staff level.
Professional Engineer Description:
- Operates and maintains technical test instruments to accomplish related work assignments.
- Provides calculations and records in support of all site survey activities.
- Create staking sheets (this is a type of formatted field data sheet) identifying control points and summarizing location of inventory.
- Draft and summarize field notes in an organized and acceptable manner.
- Surveying assignments are performed for any size project, at any location, as required.
- Provide competent engineering and technical assistance to the Senior Project Designer.
- Provide competent engineering and technical assistance to the Project Manager.
- Design communication networks utilizing programs such as AutoCAD, M4, .ESRI, eLations, etc.
- Complete weekly time sheets, in conjunction with weekly expense and mileage reports.
- Analyze survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints to plan projects.
- Inspect project sites to monitor progress and ensure conformance to design specifications and safety standards.
- Estimate quantities and cost of materials, equipment or labor to determine project feasibility.
- Prepare or present reports on topics such as bid proposals, deeds, environmental impact statements, or property and right-of-way descriptions.
- Provide technical advice regarding design, construction or program modifications and structural repairs to managerial personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.
Professional Engineer Qualifications:
- Engineering degree in Mechanical, Information Technical or related field
- 2+ years of engineering experience with EIT designation
- Ability to travel 30% of the time
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Taylor at 602.907.3098.