Project Controls Scheduler
TelForce Group is looking for a Project Controls Scheduler in the Rochester, NY area. This is a contract position.
Experienced level position assigned a role in Scheduling. Under general supervision, the individual performs project controls planning/scheduling and field project assignments according to training, capability and experience. Provides some guidance to less experienced Project Controls personnel. With additional experience and demonstrated capabilities, the individual is expected to assist in the preparation of larger and more complex project controls assignments. Typically, an individual contributor, but may have supervisory duties and lead small/medium size projects (cost and/or scheduling activities).
Project Controls Scheduler Description:
- Maintain and may prepare cost/schedule reports
- Maintain and may lead collection of engineering production data or construction installed quantities
- Monitors scope change management process
- Maintains and may prepare Earned Value Management Reports
- Collect and maintains task completion dates and percent completes
- Demonstrates the capability of leading the project control function of a project and able to influence internal and external clients.
- Lead facilitator of project forecasts.
- Recognizes issues and advises the project team or JV partners of matters affecting project execution.
- Supports proposal efforts.
- May facilitate the preparation of summary schedule.
- Prepares and maintain baseline/execution schedule.
- Facilitates productivity reporting.
- Perform/Assists with critical path and float analysis reporting.
- Gains understanding of key cost control processes.
- As applicable able to effectively work with JV and Subcontract construction partners in scheduling matters.
Project Controls Scheduler Qualifications:
- 4-year Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years of relevant Cost Control of Planning & Scheduling experience OR no 4-year Bachelor’s degree required with 6+ years of relevant Cost Control or Planning
- Scheduling experience in Home Office or Field Office
- Prefer four-year Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management.
- 5+ years project controls scheduling experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills
- Proficient Scheduling Software Skills (Primavera P6 preferred)
- Knowledge in key scheduling processes
- Knowledge in key cost controls processes
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Understands MS Access and database concept
- Knowledge in scheduling software (P6 and/or MS Projects)
- Understands SQL Server and Database Concepts
- Ability to write/execute VB scripts in MS Excel
- Understands Aggregate Scope EPC Projects (Telecommunications experience preferred)
- Understands geospatial information systems (GIS)
- Knowledgeable navigating and operating MS Office software bundles
- Understand EPC work process and dependencies between functions.
- Understands Earned Value Management Concepts
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Matt at 615.915.3119.