TelForce Group is looking for a Project Director.
This is a direct hire, full time position located in Wichita, Kansas.
What is in it for you?
- Competitive total compensation package
- 80% of Medical premiums paid for by company
- Company paid Disability and Life insurance
- 401(k) company match and 100% vested on day 1
- Locally owned, friendly, fun atmosphere
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Outside Plant, the Project Director is the leader of their assigned project(s). The Project Director has the ultimate responsibility for the project budget, meeting project timelines, customer expectations, managing the project team, and interfacing with the customer.
What you will be doing:
- Review and fully understand the budgets, schedule and requirements of each project.
- Create and execute project work plans, schedules, and control budgets as well as identify and acquire resources needed for prosecution of the project(s).
- Assign individual duties to the project management team and staff.
- Manage the day-to-day operational aspects of a project to ensure on time and under budget project completion.
- Meet with internal and external customers with prepared reports to give progress updates, answer questions, and manage requested changes to project plans.
- Manage the decisions on the scope and delivery of the project including serving as a technical expert in interpreting the specification of the project.
- Communicate requirements and specifications to the project staff and assist with any questions related to the technology, equipment, and design requirements.
- Serve as the project spokesperson when necessary by developing relationships and facilitating communication, updates, and meetings with internal and external customers.
- Ensure market agreements, permit and authorization compliance, as applicable.
- Review and approve job cost accounting reports submitted to home office.
- Maintain day-to-day communication with the SVP of Outside Plant and other management.
- Produce quality results in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Respond clearly and effectively to spoken requests over the phone or in person, and to verbal or written instructions.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public.
- Maintain regular, consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, and personal appearance according to company policies.
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role and those of the project team.
- Adhere to company policies, regulations, procedures, and principles.
- Assist in other duties as needed and directed.
What You Need For This Position:
- BS/BA degree in construction management, electrical engineering, or civil engineering preferred
- Equivalent experience will be considered
- Strong knowledge of Telecom construction and engineering, project budget creation and management, project scheduling and tracking, project finance, cost reporting, and field office operations
- Strong computer skills, with emphasis using Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Project
- Familiarity with a variety of mapping, GIS and CADD drafting programs
- Ability to Work with Google Earth KMZ’s and KML’s
- Ability and comfort putting together project estimates, budgets and schedules
- Ability to comprehend complex instructions put together and execute strategic strategies communicating and promoting company objectives with other organizations.
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured and the ability to travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications and driver licenses to Madonna@telforcegroup.com . In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format is required to be considered with 2 references name, telephone and email. All candidates will receive a call back based on your skills set that matches the job opening. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our data base for consumption. Call 615-915-3119.