Regional Manager of OSP Maintenance & Special Projects
TelForce Group is looking for a Regional Manager of OSP Maintenance & Special Projects in the Lansing, MI area. This is a full time, direct hire position. We are also looking for a Regional Manager in Indianapolis, IN.
Reporting to the Vice President of Outside Plant Construction, the Regional Manager of Construction & Special Projects is responsible for the day to day management of the company’s Special Projects Project Managers. Manage forced relocation and restoration projects for our fiber optic cable and manage construction of network expansion and new customer construction projects. Generally assigned to a geographic area and manage all projects in that area. The Regional Manager is responsible for a group of Project Managers. The Regional Manager is responsible for hiring training and managing all Project Managers in his/her area. The Regional Manager is responsible for managing ensuring project cost objectives are met, Quality of construction is achieved and projects are completed on time. To do this the Regional Manager will have frequent contact with the Project Managers. This will include checking on the work in the field, monitoring reports and regular project calls with the Project Manager and other team members. The Regional Manager will monitor cost and production and report on the status on a project by project basis.
Regional Manager of OSP Maintenance & Specialist Projects Description:
- Maintain a list of all projects within the Regional Managers area of responsibility. This will include scheduled maintenance work, Emergency restoration and Maintenance, Expansion projects, Customer builds and any other outside plant related work.
- Keep an updated project tracker with the major milestones for each project and review milestones with the Project Manager at least weekly
- Track and monitor actual cost and production results
- Ensure work is being assigned and performed to meet required completion dates
- Ensure quality standards are met
- Review reports generated by the various PM’s to ensure they are accurate and complete
- Provide essential managerial oversight to the team.
- Provide reports and communicate by other means to ensure other departments are aware of progress and expected completion dates.
- Recommend corrective action for associates that are found to be In violation of company policies
- While working with other departments develop and refine processes and standards
- Ensure company policies for hiring and termination are followed.
- Adhere to company policies, regulations, procedures, and principles.
- Assist in other duties as needed and directed.
Regional Manager of OSP Maintenance & Specialist Projects Qualifications:
- BS/BA degree in construction management, electrical engineering, or civil engineering preferred.
- Equivalent experience will be considered
- Strong knowledge of Telecom construction and engineering, project budget creation and management, project scheduling and tracking, project finance, cost reporting, and field office operations
- Strong computer skills, with emphasis using Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Project
- Familiarity with a variety of mapping, GIS and CADD drafting programs
- Ability to Work with Google Earth KMZ’s and KML’s
- Ability and comfort putting together project estimates, budgets and schedules
- Ability to comprehend complex instructions put together and execute strategic strategies communicating and promoting company objectives with other organizations.
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Colby at 615.915.3119.