Regional Services Manager
TelForce Group is looking for a Regional Services Manager in the Southern CA area. This is a full time, direct hire position.
Under the supervision of the Vice President, directs the overall Installation Organization, including Technicians and Support staff in the assigned area of responsibilities. Assist in the recruiting, training and development of technicians. Plans sales and support programs to achieve the business objectives established by Vice President. Responsible for revenue, expense and net profit budget objective within assigned area. Provides the technical resources to optimize sales and project volume and to assure that customer satisfaction is maintained on an ongoing basis.
Regional Services Manager Description:
- Plans, organizes, directs, motivates and controls the work activities and staff in order to achieve the business objectives established by Company management and the Sales organization.
- Proactive in keeping projects on target, including surveillance over projects to ensure progress is obtained per Company financial, quality and safety goals.
- Jobs must be done without re-work and the highest quality to customer and industry standards.
- Provide technical support at sales presentations to customers as well as perform site surveys and other pre-sales efforts.
- Must be a working manager in the field and that keeps current with new technology and industry trends. Provides technical expertise for the resolution of complex customer problems, may involve analysis and presentation.
- Recommends and/or implements corrective actions if necessary.
- Must be able and willing to perform all the qualifications of a Level 4 Installation Technician as a working technician.
- Plans, organizes directs and controls the work activities and staff of technical function.
- Manages the operation of functional installation to provide timely technical support or service.
- Exercises independent judgment of Customer Standards for working in their facilities and on live power safely.
- Determines and establishes goals, scope, approach, schedules and manpower requirements to accomplish overall objectives and/or program results.
- Participates in the preparation and review of departmental or program budgets and monitors performance.
- Maintains surveillance over individual programs under direction to ensure progress according to schedule and plans with respect to budgetary guidelines and work objectives.
- Evaluates technical progress of projects to ensure sound application of Customer Standards and Engineering principals and adequate exploratory research to support the highest possible performance of the end product.
- Determine labor requirements and work with Administrative Project Managers to schedule and dispatch workers accordingly.
- Recruit, interview, train, monitor and manage, staff or sub-contractors for quality, professionalism and to Company requirements.
- Perform site surveys and develop detailed scope of works that can be used for quoting to Customers by Engineering.
- Professionally negotiate and detail out any identified change orders and submit to engineering for quoting prior to start of any change order work.
- Perform crew tailgate or other meetings, including safety and quality with crews.
- Inspect and manage tool and equipment inventory and keep safe, calibrated and asset track.
- Manage inventory and any assigned staff for cost effectiveness.
- Perform Customer start and final site job walks, provide ongoing job statuses, quality audits, appropriate documentation and upon project completion, job completion customer signoff documentation for 100% Customer satisfaction.
- Technical point of contact for internal subordinates as well as external customers.
Regional Services Manager Qualifications:
- BS degree or equivalent in business management or similar
- 8+ years of related experience in Central Office installation environment
- 5+ years of related experience in DC Power installation, including Power Plant and 12V and 2V batteries
- 5+ years of successful management of multiple crews in Central Office, Cell Site and/or Headend environment
- Common Telecom Manufacturer equipment certifications
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Bobby at 404.219.4346.