Retail Sales & Service Representative
TelForce Group is looking for a Retail Sales & Service Representative.
Full Time Position in Camden, Chester, SC and Tifton, GA
The Retail Sales and Service Representative (SSR) is based in our Company Retail Center and functions as a primary point of contact for existing and prospective customers of Company . Customer interactions are done either over the telephone or face-to-face in our retail center offices. He/she promotes and sells Company’s suite of products and services, including; high-speed internet, IPTV, Telephone service, Wireless service, and Home Security and Automation. The SSR executes customer sales and performs customer service associated with new service orders, service additions and upgrades, bill payments, billing adjustments, delinquent accounts, service changes, etc. Customer sales and account management activities are performed using a computer and Company’s customer support system software.
Essential Job Functions:
The essential job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Market and solicit the sale of new or additional Company services
- Act as an original point of contact for customers and prospects for Company sales, service, and support
- Guide customers in the selection of Company services, including cellular service with partner AT&T in certain markets. Provide descriptions of services and pricing according to customer needs.
- Initiate contact with customers and perform follow-up as required to sell Company products and services, answer questions, and resolve customer issues
- Speak with customers by phone or in-person, taking orders for installation, connection, discontinuation, or change of service
- Attend Company sales meetings and sales training to stay up-to-date on the latest product and pricing developments, business trends, and regulations in the market place
- Accurately processes cash and check payments for current and past due bills by receiving payments, entering balances, and making deposits while adhering to Company’s cash handling policy
- Fill out contract forms, determine charges for services requested, collect deposits, prepare change of address records, and issue discontinuance orders
- Edit and post adjustments and corrections to customer billing or services ordered
- Investigate conditions preventing completion of service connection orders and take steps to resolve them
- Meet or exceed assigned sales objectives and sales quotas
- Deliver consistent attendance and on-time arrival in the workplace
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Customer Service – Effectively manages difficult or emotional customer situations, solicits customer feedback to improve service, and meets customer commitments
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on resolving conflict vs. blaming others, maintains confidentiality, and is open to coaching and new ideas
- Communications - Speaks clearly and persuasively in both positive and negative situations, listens and gets clarification, and responds well to questions. Able to compose professional business correspondence.
- Teamwork – Provides and welcomes feedback, contributes to a positive team spirit, and supports team member efforts to succeed
- Leadership - Inspires and motivates others to perform well, provides vision and inspiration to peers, and gives appropriate recognition to others. Exhibits sound judgment; makes good decisions, and is willing to learn.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures and completes administrative tasks correctly
- Planning and Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work effectively and uses work time efficiently
- Interpretation – Able to read, analyze, and interpret instructions, contracts, policies, documents, and regulations
- Calculations – Able to calculate adjustments and amounts such as discounts, pro-rata, percentages, and apply concepts of basic accounting
- Professionalism – Maintains a professional appearance. Approaches others in a tactful manner, reacts well under pressure, and treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions and follows through on commitments.
- Computer Skills – Possesses solid operating knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and order processing software
- High school diploma or GED, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 6 months to 1 year of related experience and/or training
- Industry experience and sales experience is preferred
- Must have reliable transportation, as travel to other retail locations may be required based on business needs