Safety, Facilities, & Fleet Manager (Telecom Industry)
TelForce is looking for Safety, Facilities, & Fleet Manager (Telecom Industry) is required. This is a Direct Hire Position (not contract) Market Locations include: Atlanta metro, Columbia SC, Toccoa GA, Tifton GA, Rock Hill SC, or Carnesville GA
The primary job responsibility is job is safety (50%), with facilities (25%) and fleet (25%) rounding out the role. The position does require 50% travel (GA/SC) and 50% work from remote home office. The Base Salary: Base salary as high as $90k
Primary functional & process owner for all safety, facilities and fleet related issues across the organization; ensuring overall compliance with health, safety, and code regulations. Position will establish a culture of safety and enforce policies and practices to maintain a safe workplace for all employees.
Position is responsible for planning, directing, managing, coordinating and supervising the programs for acquisition, assignment, utilization, maintenance, repair, replacement and disposal of all fleet vehicles.
Supports facility management for regular maintenance needs, one-off repair and maintenance, space planning, and special facilities projects including coordination and communication with property management, vendors and internal stakeholders. Also collaborates with management and other department team members to implement facilities programs and manage facility projects and requests with minimal impact to internal customers.
This role requires excellent attention to detail to identify hazards, discover opportunities for improving conditions and execute safety programs. The ability to communicate guidelines to a multidisciplinary workforce is essential. Additionally, this position will be responsible for proposing and implementing new training approaches, monitoring delivery and facilitation techniques of training staff, coordinating training schedules and development of materials for training. The goal is to ensure the workplace meets all legal expectations and actively supports occupational health and safety. Individual is expected to travel up to 50% (company vehicle provided) with overnight stays.
Essential Job Functions:
The essential job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee the design & delivery of the safety program, which includes new hire and continuing education for office, field service and construction teams.
- Educate workers to uphold regulatory safety standards and complete tasks while limiting risk of bodily injury by sharing knowledge, conducting training, and creating informational materials to post around the workplace.
- Supports other facility needs/services which may include: access control system, customer requests related to facility (e.g. Heat & A/C, broken office furniture, internal moves, light replacement), furniture/equipment inspections and repairs research, purchase of small replacement appliances or equipment and other misc. items. Also supports resolution of service related issues/conflicts and leverages other team members in support/resolution, where appropriate.
- Apply for permits, select, and recommendation safety equipment and invest in designs that limit risk.
- Ensure necessary employees are certified to operate heavy machinery and set standards for testing and maintenance to prevent dangerous malfunctions.
- Develops and administers vehicle/equipment asset management processes from procurement to disposition.
- Create vehicle purchase specifications and purchase vehicles for all company departments
- Develop and execute safety plans in the workplace according to all federal, state and local guidelines.
- Evaluate practices, procedures, and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law. Conduct documented safety and health inspections.
- Promote job site safety, encourage safe work practices, a clean jobsite, and rectify job site hazards.
- Lead company’s safety committee and discuss safety programs and efforts with subcontractors and employees, ensuring that safety is part of our culture and that all new hires have proper safety training on policies, regulations, and procedures.
- Ensure that necessary protective equipment and safety materials are utilized and that adequate first aid materials are available and safety documents are posted on-site.
- Investigate all injuries and review all accident reports, coordinate corrective measures with employees and logging injuries/illnesses for OSHA purposes.
- Communicates with management regarding property profiles, emergency preparedness plans, site inspections, facility audits, work order progress reports, and other related reports Perform work on job sites such as construction areas, training centers, and warehouse facilities to monitor safety practices and respond to incidents.
- Record and forward copies of all safety related meetings, programs, safety pre-plans, inspections, correspondence, directives, and citations, to management for tracking.
- Ensure Fleet is in compliance with all Federal, State, and Local DOT laws and regulations.
- Advise the company's administrative team on safety issues and compliance in specific projects and operations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Leadership - Inspires and motivates others to perform well, provides vision and inspiration to peers, and gives appropriate recognition to others. Exhibits sound judgment; makes good decisions and is willing to learn.
- Professionalism – Maintains a professional appearance. Approaches others in a tactful manner, reacts well under pressure, and treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions and follows through on commitments.
- Job Knowledge -Knowledge of and experience in safety as it relates to telecommunications operations, requirements, and regulations. Knowledge of telecommunications equipment, tools, and working environments to direct others in the successful performance of their duties.
- Communications - Speaks clearly and persuasively in both positive and negative situations, listens, gets clarification, and responds well to questions. Adept at composing professional business correspondence.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on resolving conflict vs. blaming others, maintains confidentiality and is open to coaching and new ideas
- Teamwork – Provides and welcomes feedback, contributes to a positive team spirit, and supports team member efforts to succeed.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures and completes administrative tasks correctly
- Planning and Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work effectively and uses work time efficiently
- Interpretation – Able to read, analyze, and interpret instructions, contracts, policies, documents and regulations
- Computer Skills – Possesses expert level knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Flexibility – Must be able to work outside normal business hours when necessary.
- Experience creating and conducting safety training and orientations using a variety of activities and components designed to keep the learner's attention.
- Experience investigating and reporting injuries, illnesses, near misses.
- Ability to work with all internal customer groups: management, owners, vendors, and subcontractors.
- Ability to relate critical concepts and proactively train others by breaking tasks into components and relating this information to employees.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, such as developing staff while meeting team obligations and to determine actual versus stated needs when requests are made.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills; excellent coaching, organization, decision making and problem solving skills. Strong attention to detail and accountable for assigned tasks.
- Ability to travel at least 50% of the time and work flexible work hours.
- Able to produce reports, analyze data and conduct risk assessments.
- Bachelor's degree in environmental health and safety or a related field.
- 5-7 years professional level experience with 2-3 years supervisory experience; or an equivalent combination of education and professional level related experience.
- 2-4 years of relevant experience managing safety efforts of telecommunication companies preferred.
- Experience training, teaching, and developing instructional materials.
- Deep knowledge of OSHA and EPA standards; OSHA 500 certification and CHST or CSP
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is required to use hands or fingers; handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to operate a motor vehicle on a daily basis. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured and the ability to travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications and driver licenses to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format is required to be considered with 2 references name, telephone and email. All candidates will receive a call back based on your skills set that matches the job opening. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our data base for consumption. Call Bobby French 404-219-4346.