Senior Instrumentation & Controls Engineer
TelForce Group is looking for a Senior Instrumentation & Controls Engineer in the Sacramento, CA area. This is a contract-to-hire position.
Functions as a technical specialist or supervisory role. Independently develops and applies advanced engineering techniques, concepts and approaches to unique engineering problems. May supervise engineering staff on projects of medium-to-high complexity, or serve as a technical specialist providing knowledge and expertise. 10% travel to client facilities. Most travel would be in northern California, with some west US region or national travel opportunities to leverage alignment with the professional’s expertise.
Senior Instrumentation & Controls Engineer Description:
- Manage and coordinate marketing, planning, design and construction phase services for automation, instrumentation, control and SCADA projects for water and wastewater utilities.
- Responsibilities include both operational and business development as listed below.
- The project and client focus will be in the West Region providing national support on an as-needed basis.
- Manage and take overall responsibility for I&C projects
- Coordinate I&C engineering efforts for multi-discipline projects
- Monitor and control project schedule and budgets
- Oversee development of master plans, studies and technical reports
- Supervise engineers and act as a liaison between the local design team, client and remote design teams.
- Provide local interface by attending client and contractor meetings, performing field investigations, attending factory acceptance testing and helping to resolve I&C client and construction issues.
- Support business development activities for multi-discipline projects and lead business development activities for I&C projects
- Successfully develop, manage and maintain client relationships for existing and future opportunities
- Prepare proposals and presentations in response to sales opportunities
- Develop scope of services and fee proposals
- Represent company through various local and national professional organizations
- Provide technical expertise in one or more of the following: Cybersecurity, Network Design, Data Analytics, Industrial Internet of Things, Telecommunications, Risk and Resiliency and/or Asset Management.
Senior Instrumentation & Controls Engineer Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering required
- 11+ years related work experience
- 10-15 years of experience in instrumentation, control and automation design consulting
- 5+ years of experience in project management and business development
- Registration as a Professional Engineer is required or the ability to obtain within six months
- The successful candidate will possess a mix of excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrated
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Jessie at 615.915.3119.