Senior Telecom Sales Engineer
TelForce Group is looking for a Senior Telecom Sales Engineer in the Sacramento, CA area. This is a full time, direct hire position.
Provides technical and application development within the sales department. Shares responsibility with the sales employees to understand the customer's goals, business requirements, and network configurations. Responsible for complex application design and development of technical overview for sales proposals. Develop a strategic partnership with the customer to address these requirements through integrated technical solutions and customer satisfaction. Interfaces with operations to develop technical systems, processes, network services, support, information, and training.
Senior Telecom Sales Engineer Description:
- Evaluates customers networking requirements for data, video, unified communication, Wi-Fi, data center, cloud compute, and LAN infrastructure. Engineer, design, and price complex products, applications, and integrated network solutions to meet customer business requirements. Lead team in developing applications with solution presentations for commercial business customers. Propose and recommend design technologies for customer.
- Responsibilities may also include reviewing and approving complex sales orders and assisting implementation with network specifications to enhance customer experience.
- Work jointly with the sales organization to create a territory plan based on knowledge of market. Align resources to deliver on commitments and drive results.
- Work with engineering and other internal departments to design secure enterprise solutions for customers.
- Represent customer design on internal and external project meetings to establish milestones for complex projects.
- Represent company as consultant for customer base.
- Work closely with sales departments to successfully execute customer proof of concept activities. Provide technical and application development within the sales department. Understand the customer's goals, business requirements, and network configurations.
- Support unit sales plan through pre-sales and/or post-sales technical consulting.
- Proactively profiles accounts’ and promotes products and applications. Provides technical support to clients and the account teams, by serving as subject matter expert in the Company’s products, services, and applications.
Assists sales department in developing account strategy for selected priority or key accounts.
- Maintains periodic customer relations with large accounts to ensure customer retention and customer satisfaction.
- Understands industry applications and educates the client on the technical and business benefits of products and applications.
- Designs customer LAN infrastructure in support of complex company Unified Communications and Wi-Fi products. May involve managing vendor accounts for structured cabling.
- Assists in the technical development of the sales department. Prepares and conducts technical training for department. Training may include: product overview, technical overview, feature descriptions, future enhancements, product applications, benefits of product, competitive analysis, pricing, tariff, promotions, maintenance procedures, installation procedures, identification of target market, sales collateral, and service order process.
- Has a contributing role in budgeting expenditures and revenue generation. Recommends cost reduction solutions to management.
- Stays abreast of industry trends by participating in local technical organizations focusing on telecommunications technology, self-study, and attending seminars and workshops.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned by supervisor, including product research, special reports and projects.
- Travels, both locally and long distance, to attend meetings, seminars and training sessions, which may encompass more than one day, including weekends. Uses air or ground transportation, depending on distance traveled.
- Reports for work on time and maintains a satisfactory attendance record
Senior Telecom Sales Engineer Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, telecommunications & networking, or Information Systems or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in pre-sales engineering from a notable technology position
- 10+ years in the telecommunications industry
- Hands-on experience with Cisco, Adtran, Juniper, etc. along with the appropriate certifications (e.g. CCNA, CCNP, CISSP, CCSE, GCFW, JNCIS-FWV, GCIH etc.)
- Ability to work independently
- Business acumen
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Taylor at 602.907.3098.