Site Survey Engineer
TelForce Group is looking for a Site Survey Engineer in NY, NJ or PA. This is a contract-to-hire position.
This is a first level position performing the role as a site survey engineer. The engineer in this position provides the detail engineer with information required to successfully engineer a job in its entirety, as well as to provide the installation department with the up-front knowledge required to perform a successful installation. The Site Survey Engineer will have to also be prepared to perform detail engineering duties from time to time and have extensive experience working directly for the same EFI Services customer base.
Site Survey Engineer Description:
- Work independently on deadline sensitive jobs or projects with little direction
- Schedule, perform, and write-up site surveys and audits
- Create and present site survey and audit data, be able to think through information and quickly put together a survey/audit with little guidance
- Regularly interface with customer representatives (field engineers, vendor managers, CO Foremen)
- Should be able to solve customer problems/issues with limited guidance
- Interface with “internal customers” such as detail engineers, installation supervisors, lead installers, and installation techs
- Guides detail engineer through surveys and situations which were of concern to the customer
- Fully understand format and structure of an engineering specification
- Working knowledge of equipment drawings, T-BASD drawings, and material and spec sheets. Also has ability to seek out information not readily available
- Often will initiate site visits and site surveys
- Visit sites when necessary to solve problems or perform auditing functions
- Must have an understanding of customer quality documents such as Installation Practices, Engineering Practices, CORE documents, etc.
- Take site survey data and transfer information into customer drawings and databases such as Vendorlink, CCP, COAR, and VENUe
- Apply knowledge of telecommunications equipment to building material lists for quoting jobs
- Exposure to drafting and updating customer drawings using drafting programs such as Myriad, VISIO, and AUTOCAD
Site Survey Engineer Qualifications:
- High School diploma is necessary. Some college or technical school a plus
- 7-10 years of installation experience or equivalent field engineering experience
- An understanding of various software packages including MS Word, spreadsheet/database programs such as MS Excel, MS Access
- Ability to quickly learn customer requirements and methods
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and priorities and must be able to consistently work under and meet strict deadlines
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents, including technical specifications, central office drawings and customer handbooks
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and present complex information in a format which can be easily understood by others
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Sonia at 269.330.0661.