Solar Performance Engineer
TelForce Group is looking for a Solar Performance Engineer to work remote. This is a contract-to-hire position.
Solar Performance Engineer Description:
- Provide technical leadership and oversight for performance consulting for EPC, Owner’s Engineer and Independent Engineer (due diligence) work with financial clients on transactions regularly exceeding $100 million.
- Lead and contribute to projects for solar resource assessments, energy production estimates, performance assessments of operating projects, siting, performance testing, feasibility studies, new technology evaluation, component modeling, conceptual design and strategic planning.
- Collaborate closely with various departments throughout the project cycle- Project Proposal, Development, Origination, Design, Procurement, Engineering, Construction and Operations.
- Develop detailed performance test protocols and analyze actual plant performance again these protocols.
- Evaluate and provide risk analysis for EPC performance guarantees.
- Provide expert consultation on solar PV plant components such as modules, inverters, meteorological stations and trackers.
- Contribute to business development with key clients including identification of key drivers, scoping, proposal development and relationship management.
- Management of junior staff including supervision, career development, mentoring, recognition and any corrective actions required.
- The position will also include exposure to other renewable technologies: distributed energy, storage, wind, etc.
- Serve as technical specialist with relevant knowledge and skills to provide expert consultation, quality control and guidance to project teams.
- Actively foster knowledge management and provide mentoring to others.
- Review and guide the work of junior staff.
- Lead development initiatives to innovate new services and products, improve processes, evaluate new technologies and advance marketing initiatives.
- Identify, manage and grow new business offerings.
Solar Performance Engineer Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required
- 6+ years of related work experience
- Technical understanding of Solar PV performance and systems
- Demonstrated experience in performing solar resource assessments and energy production modeling using PVsys and System Advisor Model (SAM)
- Working understanding of energy project finance is preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Excel including VBA is preferred
- PE preferred or willing to obtain
- Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly through formal reports, presentations, teleconferences, memoranda and email.
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Sophia at 615.915.3119.