TelForce Group is looking for a Splicing Supervisor in the Evansville, IN area. This is a full time, direct hire position. We are also looking for a Splicing Supervisor in Indianapolis, IN and a Splicing Manager in Rochester, MN.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Construction, the Splicing Supervisor is responsible for the day to day supervision of the company’s In-house splicing resources in Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota and other areas as assigned. This includes ensuring the hiring and training of appropriate crew members to meet the needs of the business, overseeing crew scheduling and monitoring quality and production. The Splicing Supervisor will monitor production by daily interactions with the Splicers and review of daily production and hours worked. Daily review, correction and approval of production reports is critical to the success of the Splicing Supervisor.
Splicing Supervisor Description:
- Review and fully understand the cost of splicing using in-house splicers
- Set production expectations for each splicer
- Track and monitor actual cost and production results
- Ensure work is being assigned and performed to meet required completion dates
- Ensure quality standards for splicing are met
- Review reports generated by the various splicers to ensure they are accurate and complete
- Monitor and control overtime costs by person
- Work closely with the OSP Special Projects team and the City Build Project Managers to make sure the in-house crews are being assigned to work and the work meets schedule and quality requirements
- Oversee the splicers to make sure they are maintaining the trucks and equipment according to manufacturer and internal guidelines
- Review equipment inspection reports and oversee the splicers to make sure inspections are being performed according to the required schedules.
- Oversee splicers to ensure they receive the appropriate safety training and the splicers are routinely inspected for compliance
- Train new splicers how to read our client’s design drawings, splicing designs, rules for working on the network, how to work safely, testing and documentation requirements.
- Recommend corrective action for associates that are found to be in violation of company policies
- While working with other departments develop and refine processes and standards
- Respond to cable outage situations as needed regardless of the time of day or day of the week to determine the work that is required, the materials and splicing resources needed to facilitate the repair.
- Oversee the restoration of cut or damaged cables to ensure timely restoration of service.
- Ensure company policies for hiring and termination are followed
- Adhere to company policies, regulations, procedures, and principles.
- Assist in other duties as needed and directed.
Splicing Supervisor Qualifications:
- Minimum of three years’ experience splicing fiber optic cable
- Ability to operate an OTDR and record and interpret OTDR results without assistance
- Ability to operate other test equipment commonly used in the fiber optic splicing and testing trade
- Very good communication skills using, oral communication, written communication as needed
- Strong computer skills, with emphasis using Microsoft Word, Excel,
- Familiarity with a variety of mapping, GIS and CADD drafting programs
- Ability to Work with Google Earth KMZ’s and KML’s
- Ability to comprehend complex instructions and direct splicers to accomplish the desired outcome
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Colby at 615.915.3119.