TelForce Group is looking for a Splicing Manager in the Rochester, MN area. This is a full time, direct hire position. We are also looking for Splicing Supervisors in Indianapolis & Evansville, IN.
Cable/Splicing Manager is responsible for coordinating and managing all required underground cable placing and splicing of all aerial and underground facilities. The Cable/Splicing Manager shall follow through with responsibilities to supervise, inspect, and monitor all work in conformance with company, local, and federal standards and specifications.
Splicing Manager Description:
- Prepare and manage schedule for cable placing, splicing, terminating and testing of all OSP fiber plant.
- Recruit, evaluate, pre-qualify and select contract splicers to augment any available company resources to meet project requirements.
- Review test results and provide recommendations to release newly constructed OSP plant for service.
- Accurately interpret splice documents, assign to contractors or in-house personnel and schedule all activities to meet company objectives for new customer service.
- Coordinate with project and construction managers to deploy resources into completed network service areas and complete splicing work within market schedules.
- Coordinate with company splicing resources and contract splicers, if necessary, to assure adequate resources are available to pull, splice, terminate and test installed plant within the project schedule deadlines.
- Oversee field construction activities, including quality assurance.
- Ensure on-site jobsite safety.
- Interact with CADD Operators – verify completion of accurate engineering drawings and as-built drawings.
- Maintain day-to-day communication with the Construction and/or Engineering Managers.
- Produce quality results in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Represent our client professionally to satisfy immediate customer needs and to foster return business.
- Respond clearly and effectively to spoken requests over the phone or in person, and to verbal or written instructions.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public.
- Maintain regular, consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, and personal appearance according to company policies.
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role.
- Adhere to company policies, regulations, procedures, and principles.
Splicing Manager Qualifications:
- Supervision of construction and/or splicing crews, familiarity with instruments used to splice, test and/or run trouble on outside plant fiber cabling, and knowledge of management reporting fundamentals mandatory
- Familiarity with OSP design, fiber configuration and assignments and ability to read and interpret splicing documents and OSP construction drawings a must.
- 5+ years of experience in the fiber / telecommunications / telecom construction industry
- Bachelor of Science degree in construction management, civil or electrical engineering is beneficial
- BICSI Certification preferred
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Colby at 615.915.3119.