Strategic Solutions Engineer
TelForce Group is looking for a Strategic Solutions Engineer in the Houston, TX, Kansas City, KS and Sacramento, CA areas. This is a full time, direct hire position.
Provides system architecture, technical and application support within the Strategic Solutions Engineering department. Provides proof of concept to support the Sales Engineer design to understand the customer's application, business requirements, and network configurations assessment. Responsible for developing and documenting complex application designs with a technical overview for order writing and implementation. Develop a strategic partnership with the customer to solve complex configurations on advanced products such as SD-WAN, MPLS, Security, DDoS Mitigation, Cloud Peer connect and Cloud Compute. Interfaces with operations to develop technical systems, processes, documentation, and support efforts.
Strategic Solutions Engineer Description:
- Serve as the customer’s technical specialist to architect, provision, activation, onboarding, Training and Tier II support related to advanced products.
- SD-WAN, MPLS, Cloud Peer Connect, DDoS, Cloud Secure, On-Site Secure, Cloud Wi-Fi, and other advanced products as the need arises.
- Provide a “White Glove” Concierge service for implementing and supporting advanced products across the organization.
- Technical contract review, an overview of the data gathering process, and expectations.
- Gathering and measuring information from a variety of sources for quality assurance.
- Developing complex network designs, creating statements of work, and documenting detailed network configurations.
- Support Implementation teams with the on-boarding of technical deployment for advanced services.
- Completing assessments of Customer’s network.
- Configuration of cloud environments, activation, onboarding, training and tier-II support.
- Streamline ongoing network argumentations that require customer interaction for billing changes.
- Evaluates customer agreements for complex applications and determines the course of action for target audience based on complexity and product offering.
- Responsibilities also includes reviewing and approving complex sales orders and assisting implementation with network specifications to enhance customer experience.
- Work with engineering, Product and other internal departments to ensure best practices for enterprise solutions.
- Represent customer design on internal and external project meetings to establish milestones for complex projects.
- Represent the company as consultant for customer base.
- Work closely with operational teams to successfully execute customer proof of concept. Understand the customer's goals, business requirements, and network configurations to provide technical and application development.
- Provides technical support to clients and the account teams, by serving as subject matter expert for products, services, and applications.
- Understands industry applications and educates the client on the technical and business benefits of products and applications.
- Stays abreast of industry trends by participating in local technical organizations focusing on technology, self-study, and attending seminars and workshops.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned by supervisor, including product research, special reports, and projects.
- Travels, both locally and long distance, to attend meetings, seminars and training sessions, which may encompass more than one day, including weekends. Uses air or ground transportation, depending on distance traveled.
- Reports for work on time and maintains a satisfactory attendance record. There will be occasional work from home.
Strategic Solutions Engineer Qualifications:
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, telecommunications & networking, or Information Systems or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in similar role; Sales background a plus
- 10+ years in the telecommunications industry
- Hands-on experience with Cisco, Adtran, Juniper, etc. along with the appropriate certifications (e.g. CCNA, CCNP, CISSP, CCSE, GCFW, CISSP, JNCIS-FWV, GCIH, CompTIA Security+, GIAC Security Essentials, PCCSA, PCNSA, or PCNSE etc.
- Hands on knowledge working with Cisco Routers, Meraki APs, VMware Sphere, Palo Alto Firewall, VeloCloud SDWAN, NSFocus DDoS Mitigation
- Requires advance technical knowledge in the field of networking, security, and UCaaS
- Strong aptitude for creating detailed Visio designs and instructions.
- Working knowledge of security best practices and be able to articulate that knowledge when working with customers
- Ability to understand equipment associated and be able to provision customer services associated with technologies such as MPLS, Cloud based firewall, SD-WAN, Cloud WI-FI, DDoS Mitigation and Cloud Peer Connect
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment
- Excellent organization, oral and written communications skills
- Demonstrated Business acumen
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Sonia at 269.330.0661.