Systems Testing Analyst
TelForce Group is looking for a Systems Testing Analyst in the Slidell, LA area. This is a full time, direct hire position.
Systems Testing Analyst will be responsible for capacity testing of batteries for Commercial, Telecom and Industrial systems.
Systems Testing Analyst Description:
- Maintain a safe work environment at all times, including properly barricading work area in accordance with the customer's safety policies.
- Check conditions, fluid levels, overall battery voltage, and specific gravity readings of cells, using voltmeters and hydrometers.
- Connect sensing leads to batteries and recording cell float voltages.
- Connect portable battery plant with station battery when needed.
- Communicate with customer on all necessary connections to equipment.
- Connect load banks to batteries.
- Apply temperature correction factor to discharge load and program test equipment.
- Initiate capacity tests, maintaining load at the specified level throughout testing until battery terminal voltage drops below the specified end voltage.
- Test equipment for overheating, using thermometers.
- Reconnect Station Battery to the DC system once testing is complete.
- Assist customer personnel in adjustment of charger current limit and output voltage levels.
- Ensure all company tools and equipment are secured and removed from customer location.
- Remove all trash and discard in appropriate receptacles.
- Check voltage and polarity with a calibrated digital multimeter prior to making any battery connections.
- Check for voltage and continuity with a calibrated multimeter prior to making any connections to the load bank(s).
- Verify whether a system is or is not grounded.
- Protect all cables from pinch points, sharp edges, and any short circuits.
- Inspect all tools and equipment prior to each use, and repair/replace if found to be defective.
- Timely and accurate completion of paperwork including Field Service Reports, time cards, and expense reports.
- Safely and proficiently operate a 20’ straight box truck.
- Properly roll up cables and test leads to prevent damage.
- Understand the basic theory of reasons for capacity testing.
- Proper use of a multimeter and amp clamp.
- Proper connection of test equipment and operation of BCT system.
- Understand parallel series circuits.
- Understand the NPG procedures for testing.
- Show competency in composing a NPG Test Report.
- Operate a digital hydrometer.
- Perform basic generator P.M’s.
- Perform daily inspection of truck.
- Have truck P.M.’s performed according to maintenance schedule.
Systems Testing Analyst Qualifications:
- Electronic or Electrical School preferred
- 6+ months training or comparable work experience/training
- Ability to test utility grade SWGR Up to 125 VDC systems Single Load Bank
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call 615.915.3119.