Tower Technicians II
Telforce is looking for Tower Technicians II
Full Time Positions – Metro - NJ/NY
A Tower Technician II will have a strong understanding of the wireless industry. This technician will spend 60-80% of the time onsite climbing cell towers up to 400 feet. Additionally, our tower technicians are expected to support the Tower Technician III when working top side and support the Tower Foreman when on the ground.
- Follow all state and federal safety regulations (OSHA, local turfing vendor, Tower Co., etc.) while working efficiently and productively.
- You are required to work at substantial heights installing telecom equipment/materials on towers, monopoles, etc., including mounts, radios, and antennas.
- Basic Interpretation of various documents (e.g., blueprints, diagrams, manufacturer specifications, etc.) to ensure proper installation of antenna systems using technical expertise and knowledge of blueprints and diagrams.
- A willingness to travel from site to site and be on call during emergencies such as natural disasters.
- Understanding of color coding, weatherproofing, grounding, equipment installations, etc.
- First Aid/BBP and CPR
- PPE use and requirements
- RF Awareness
- Knowledge of special equipment (aerial lift, forklift, backhoe, capstan, etc.)
- OSHA Training
Education and Experience:
- Advanced understanding of rigging
- Connector install experience
- System testing (load hopping) – PIM, ANRITSU Fiber, etc. experience
- Coax, fiber routing/handling experience
- Topside and bottom side grounding experience
- Cad welding experience
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Physically able to climb 400 plus vertical feet per day
- Ability to perform Tower Rescues
- Ability to lift 50lbs repeatedly
- 2 to 4 years of tower technician experience.
- Onsite at job locations.
- Potential exposure to outdoor elements, including extreme heat, cold, and inclement weather.
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured and the ability to travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications and driver licenses to Phillis@telforcegroup.com . In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format is required to be considered with 2 references name, telephone and email. All candidates will receive a call back based on your skills set that matches the job opening. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our data base for consumption. Call 321-438-7799.