Transportation Construction (CEI) Inspector
TelForce Group is looking for a Transportation Construction Inspector.
This is a Direct Hire, Full Time position located in Nashville, TN.
Pay is Salary depending on experience
Call Phillis for pay and travel details.
Our transportation team helps improve the connectivity of the community through solutions that support the safe and efficient movement of goods, services and people.
We are looking for a Construction Engineering Inspector to join our Transportation Market in Tennessee!
- Observe and inspect construction work and prepare daily inspection reports and constructability reviews. Typical duties include oversight of daily construction work including earthwork, erosion control, reinforced concrete, and equipment installation.
- Observe construction work in progress to ensure performance with specifications and contract documents. Review coordinated sets of working drawings. Analyze shop drawings of moderate complexity. Maintain daily job log. Refer and report problems and deviations from plans and specifications to management. You will also take part in reviewing submittals, assisting with RFI's, and other related activities.
- Knowledge of construction techniques, design, TDOT Specifications and documents. Familiarity with standard operations, policies and procedures of a firm, preferably within the A/E industry. Ability to learn on the job through observation of others and asking questions.
- Familiarity with or the ability to learn how to use tools and equipment such as, but not limited to, air meter, slump cone, transit, level, and tape measure. Ability to use a computer for keying information and reporting when applicable.
- Ability to demonstrate good interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently. Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented, as well as communicate information and ideas in speaking and writing. Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- High school diploma (GED) and a minimum of 4 years of construction/inspection experience on roadway projects or completion of 2- or 4-year engineering technology or engineering program is required.
- Prefer experience on TDOT or municipal roadway projects requires daily records and reports on asphalt paving, concrete work, grading, structural work, and erosions control.
- Licenses/Registrations/Certifications: TDOT CEI Certifications are a plus. May be required to participate in certification and training courses post-hire as required by OSHA, TDOT, or client-specific requirements. Such certifications could include concrete, asphalt certifications, erosion control, and safety training.
- Not required but strongly prefer Level 1 and preferably Level 2 of the state's Erosion Prevention and Sediment Control (EPSC) Training Program.
- Physical demands: Frequently required to sit and use hands to operate, handle or feel objects, tools, or equipment. Ability to talk, see and hear, and reach with hands and arms, walk, stand, or stoop. Frequently required to lift or move up to 25 lbs. and occasionally over 25 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Work Environment: Field – outdoors; exposed to environmental elements to include humidity, dust, noise, various temperatures; work in various high traffic areas.
- Use of personal protective equipment required and provided by firm.
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured and the ability to travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications and driver licenses to email@example.com . In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format is required to be considered with 2 references name, telephone and email. All candidates will receive a call back based on your skills set that matches the job opening. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our data base for consumption. Call 321-438-7799.