Transportation Roadway Department Leader
TelForce Group is looking for a Transportation Roadway Department Leader.
This is a Direct Hire, Full Time position located in Orlando, Florida.
Pay based on experience.
Call for pay and travel details.
Operations Leader Responsibilities:
- Maintain strong coordination with Market Vice President (MVP) and Florida State Leader to develop an operational plan that responds to the operational goals set for the market.
- Responsible for accurate and effective tracking and reporting of monthly achievement of the annual integrated business plan.
- Provide direction and supervision to ensure effective management of our Transportation Market, Florida operations and its employees to include workload, performance and administrative issues.
- Maintain strong coordination with the MVP and Florida State Leader during pursuit phase to assist with staffing plans and executing new project opportunities.
- Employ a Project Plan on every project and use periodic project reviews as a means of exerting management oversight on significant projects.
- Provide leadership through collaboration with the MVP, Executive Vice President, Florida State Leader and Project Executives in the market, to achieve the market’s growth goals and performance metrics.
- Assist in developing marketing plans that respond to the marketing (and technical) execution goals set for the market.
- Ability to assist the Florida business development team in winning work and executing business development initiatives as well as provide guidance and leadership to others in related activities.
- Provide balanced attention to both the Practice and the Business in support of the Firm’s Practice Led Business Model.
- Ability to serve as a strong leader, mentor, and people developer.
- Ability to initiate and maintain extensive contacts with professionals and officials of other organizations, companies, and associations.
Project Manager | Transportation Engineer Responsibilities:
- Plan, schedule, conduct or coordinate transportation engineering work.
- Conceptualize the initial design approach for major phases of large roadway projects.
- Develop and review roadway design plans.
- Perform various aspects of roadway projects including geometric design, right-of-way plans, storm drainage design, utilities, signing and marking, and erosion control design.
- Prepare engineering reports, plans and specifications for major projects.
- Design and produce engineering drawings based on calculations.
- Check, interpret and revise engineering drawings.
- Prepare and review plans and technical specifications, contract documents and estimates.
- Conceive, plan and conduct research in complex problem areas.
- Resolve a variety of complex problems (e.g., conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, difficult coordination requirements).
- Participate in contract bidding and administration.
- Supervise and observe the design and on-going progress of a project, including the coordination of the project with city, state and county officials and other outside agencies.
- Coordinate projects with clients, contractors, outside consultants and firm staff.
- Communicate and interact with project team members, client representatives, review agencies and others as appropriate to project.
- Supervise the work of less experienced engineers and/or technical support personnel assigned to the project.
- B.S. or M.S. in Civil Engineering or Transportation Engineering
- Minimum of 12 years of transportation/roadway and drainage design experience is required. Traffic and safety design experience is a plus. FDOT project experience is a must.
- Project management experience is required.
- Professional Engineer, P.E. certification is required.
- Demonstrated strong problem solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot issues
- Ability to communicate technical concepts in an understandable way to clients
- Knowledge and skill in MicroStation and AutoCAD techniques and principles preferred. GeoPack experience is a plus. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering principles, practices and techniques.
- Ability to demonstrate strong organizational, project, and time management skills.
- Ability to be proactive in determining the necessary steps to meet objectives and performance expectations of position.
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks.
- Strong communication (written and oral) skills.
- Ability to interact professionally and comfortably with a variety personalities and communication styles. Adept in persuasion and negotiation of critical issues.
- Ability to build and maintain excellent interpersonal relationships.
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured and the ability to travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications and driver licenses to firstname.lastname@example.org . In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format is required to be considered with 2 references name, telephone and email. All candidates will receive a call back based on your skills set that matches the job opening. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our data base for consumption. Call 615-915-3119.