TelForce Group is looking for UPS Technician in the Atlanta, GA area. This is a full time, direct hire position.
A fully competent UPS Field Technician applies an intensive and diversified knowledge of complete UPS start-up, testing and operations. Responsible for installation, commissioning, maintaining, repairing and providing emergency support on Batteries, Chargers, Inverters, Static Switches, and Maintenance Bypass Switches for Commercial, Telecom, and Industrial systems at customers' sites. Performs commissioning focused design reviews, prepares commissioning test procedures and reports, coordinates and oversees on-site testing. Discuss with technical support problems related to maintenance or operation of equipment.
UPS Technician Description:
- Maintain a safe working environment at all times. Report possible concerns to lead person or supervisor.
- Perform preventive maintenance tasks, such as checking, cleaning, or repairing equipment, to detect and prevent problems.
- Perform initial starts-ups.
- Provide 24/7 on-call emergency services as required.
- Work with other team members to complete custom and large installation projects.
- Educate customers on basic operation of their equipment, informing them of issues they may experience and the necessary corrective actions.
- Establish, promote and maintain excellent rapport with all customers, co-workers, sales representatives and others as appropriate.
- Maintain and safeguard company-issued tools and equipment.
- Troubleshoot critical power systems down to the root cause and perform repairs with minimum customer downtime or site operation disruption.
- Protect company proprietary information, manuals, and records.
- Maintain vehicle in safe and operational condition and maintain current insurance and a valid license at all times.
- Recognize sales opportunities for critical power equipment and other add on products and link potential customers with the appropriate internal and external sales and technical resources.
- Timely and accurate completion of paperwork including Field Service Reports, time cards, and expense reports.
- Maintain technical documentation for study and/or review.
- Provide training and guidance to less experienced employees where necessary.
- Attend product specific training as necessary.
- Safely clean up electrolyte spills.
UPS Technician Qualifications:
- Electronic or Electrical School preferred
- 2-4 years of related electrical experience
- Experience installation, commissioning, maintaining, repairing and/or providing emergency support on batteries, chargers, inverters, static switches and maintenance bypass switches for commercial, telecom, and industrial systems
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call 615.915.3119.