TelForce Group is looking for a UPS Technician in the Atlanta, GA area. This is a full time, direct hire position. Relocation assistance is available.
Requires troubleshooting, maintaining, commissioning, demolitions, installation, and testing of UPS and battery systems. Position requires hands-on experience commissioning, troubleshooting, and maintaining uninterruptible power supplies. Background and formal training in electronics is essential. Factory training on either APC, Liebert, Toshiba, Mitsubishi, Powerware and MGE uninterruptible power supplies is required.
UPS Technician Description:
- Prepare equipment and tools required for jobsites.
- Assist with setting up test equipment and operation of test equipment.
- Arrange for rental equipment required on jobs.
- Extensive computer and telephone work answering phones and researching parts.
- Assist service manager in maintaining equipment files and service training files
- Assist in data acquisition from jobs.
- Coordinate with deliveries/pick-ups of batteries and equipment.
- Assist with cribbing batteries for disposal.
- Assist with off-loading, receiving and installing batteries and UPS systems.
- Assist with maintaining and organizing of the warehouse.
- Attend job safety meetings and training classes.
- Present equipment operability and maintenance training to customers.
- Troubleshoot and perform preventative maintenance on emergency power systems.
- Research parts and tools required for performing field service.
- Assist with development of standard operating procedures and scope of work for jobs.
- Assist with the upkeep of field service vehicles and tools.
- Complete all paperwork (FSR’s, inspection forms, data sheets) for the work performed on a timely basis.
UPS Technician Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in troubleshooting, maintaining, commissioning, training and testing of AC and DC emergency power systems
- Sound understanding of electrical circuits is required
- Ability to learn to use automated testing equipment with serial, Ethernet or RS-485 connectivity
- Must be mechanically and electrically inclined
- Ability to travel up to 60% and occasional overnights (mostly within the state of GA)
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Jaimi at 202.656.6480.