Wastewater Construction Manager
TelForce Group is looking for a Wastewater Construction Manager in the Milwaukee, WI area. This is a contract-to-hire position.
Responsible for coordination of the construction on the project. Coordinates compliance with the schedule, safety, cost, and quality decisions in conjunction with the Project Field Manager or Operations Manager.
Wastewater Construction Manager Description:
- Manages and coordinates all on-site construction activities for compliance with the CPM schedule and monitors and enforces compliance with contract requirements; Implements the Project Construction Execution Plan Directs field staff in the daily, weekly planning process.
- Supervises and mentors all superintendents; monitors their activities and provides leadership.
- Monitors and reports on construction productivity and schedule performance (including trends) to the Project Field Manager, Operations Manager and Project Controls Manager Takes actions necessary to meet project budget and schedule requirements.
- Directs and approves the development and implementation of construction schedule recovery plans as required.
- Coordinates the Construction Completion Walkdowns and the complete hand over of start-up packages to the Startup Manager and supervises the close out of all punch list items.
- Assists Project Field Manager with client interface and relations.
- Coordinates with Material Manager to review all procured materials for acceptance Reviews and approves equipment rentals (if supplied by company) and coordinates shared use of this equipment with subcontractors.
- Conducts weekly coordination meeting with field staff and subcontractors.
- Conducts weekly staff and subcontractor meetings. Reports weekly schedule and commodity installation status to the Project Controls Manager.
- Monitors all extra work authorization requests, back charges, and supplier and subcontractor progress/final payment requests for acceptance and is responsible for subordinates providing the timely tracking information to Project Controls to support the change management system.
- Adheres to Safety, Quality, Ethical Standards, Lessons Learned, and Performance Management programs in accordance with Division Policies, Standards, Guides, and Contractual commitments.
- Monitors and approve all CIR replies to the subcontractors.
- Responsible for completion of the construction punch-list.
- Has full knowledge of the safety program and acts as the Safety Representative on site in the absence of the regular Safety Supervisor. Has general knowledge of all disciplines of construction and is able to stand in for each lead discipline.
- Resolves safety and quality issues with the safety and quality managers Further disputes are then deferred to the Project Field Manager or Division Safety manager.
- Understands the major commercial and deliverable terms of the construction subcontracts and manages within these terms. Monitors and controls overtime by his subordinates and subcontractors. Writes the construction portion of the client and construction monthly report.
- Coordinates with the Field Engineers or home office engineers on engineering deliverables.
- Responsible for the effective management of construction Manufacturer's Service Technicians and the timesheet tracking.
- Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements
- Supervises work of others Responsible for discipline, and pay administration of their subordinates
Wastewater Construction Manager Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in construction, engineering or heavy industrial experience preferred, or relevant experience
- 3+ years as Entry Level Construction Manager, OR 5+ years at Superintendent level
- Knowledge of construction technology
- Knowledge of EPC industry
- Constructability knowledge
- Knowledge of project budget process and tools
- Knowledge of department budget process and tools
- Knowledge of Project controls
- Risk assessment/management
- Construction Project Management Systems
- Communication and meeting skills
- Time reporting systems
- Expense reporting policies and procedures
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Sonia at 269.330.0661.