TelForce Group is looking for an Aerial Lineman in the Dayton, OH area. This is a full time, direct hire position.
The Lineman position is a Lineman that can perform both aerial and underground fiber installation work. In addition, the Lineman will be expected to undertake a lead role in the field for both aerial and underground fiber installation and repair work. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned. This position requires field work which may include overtime, weekends, holidays and off hours.
Aerial Lineman Description:
- Responsible for crew, vehicles, materials and crews’ production
- Coordinate fiber placing and repair activities with internal departments, our fiber carriers and customers
- Openly share knowledge with the internal team
- Accurately complete progress forms, project activity reports and all other documentation pertaining to work assignments
- Climbs poles, ladders and will instruct new trainees
- Can operate aerial lift equipment using proper safety equipment and instruct new trainees
- Follows OSHA, NESC and company safety regulations and precautions when completing assigned work
- Performs aerial plant maintenance
Aerial Lineman Qualifications:
- High school diploma or the equivalent is required. Advanced technical training preferred.
- NCTI/SCTE certifications desirable
- 3-5 years in line work
- Two or more years of CATV/Telco OSP maintenance experience
- Ability to read and interpret OSP maps and designs
- Knowledge of NESC, OSHA, and related state and local codes
- Windows based software skills (AutoCAD, Excel, Word, Access) preferred
- Strong planning, organizational, and follow up skills
- Good analytical and communication skills, sound judgment, and the ability to work effectively with multiple department staffs
- Ability to recognize priority issues and escalate accordingly
- Ability to learn new processes and procedures
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Jessie at 615.787.7383.